Deduction for Coach?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

SuperGirlmlm

Gymnast
I'm just curious...
In elite gymnastics, is there a deduction for the coach standing there, not on the mat, bu on the podium thing? I know the coach can help the gymnast "fall properly" on release skills on bars.
Also, can the coach remove the springboard for your mount after you mount the beam?

if the meet is in the US, like Classics, Championships, etc; the rules are loose and the coach can be on the podium if need be.

but take the Olympics. there is a team deduction if the coach is on the podium. then there is an individual event deduction for the same.

then there is petition for safety. remember Bejing? Valeri was up on the podium to spot his daughter at bars and he wasn't the *named* Olympic coach. our USAG thru the USOC petitions the IOC for permission to do so if safety is involved. i don't recall them ever denying the petition for safety.

and no, the coach is not allowed to touch the board after the gymnast mounts the beam. the board must stay put. this is why you will see the athletes always dismount the opposite end of the mount. this is an FIG rule also, and USAG follows this rule even for meets at the Elite level here in the US.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back