WAG Deduction on floor for "cheerleading"????

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I will add I would like to watch the videos of every athlete associated with this forum. I think most of us are here because we know what commitment our kids give to this sport. Gymnastics offers little chance for feedback outside of 6 or 7 meets a year. I personally have posted a few of DD (hate "DD" her name is Dani) videos here and have simply wanted to hear the opinion of others on her individual gymnastics. My Dani has dreams and regularly asks me what her chances are of fulfilling them. I simply tell her work hard, but hearing opinions from other educated gymnastics folks helps a dad keep his head level.

So do we like to hear compliments about our gymnasts sure? When I chose to post it will simply be a video and a request for thoughts. Good or bad I welcome all input.

Thanks

FYI I don't mind if parents brag or post videos even if that's all they do, I love to watch the kids progress. But it's important for that side of things to be fully supportive so the gymnast isn't being pressured on all sides.

Also if it was written here as a funny story I would have laughed too, so maybe that was the better way to share it. Listen, I've seen my share of wtf moments at meets, I get it...but again on the girls side at least there is a selection process for championship meets. And everyone gets deducted or messes up so unless it happened more than once you can't really go off that for anything.

I will add I would like to watch the videos of every athlete associated with this forum. I think most of us are here because we know what commitment our kids give to this sport. Gymnastics offers little chance for feedback outside of 6 or 7 meets a year. I personally have posted a few of DD (hate "DD" her name is Dani) videos here and have simply wanted to hear the opinion of others on her individual gymnastics. My Dani has dreams and regularly asks me what her chances are of fulfilling them. I simply tell her work hard, but hearing opinions from other educated gymnastics folks helps a dad keep his head level.

So do we like to hear compliments about our gymnasts sure? When I chose to post it will simply be a video and a request for thoughts. Good or bad I welcome all input.

Thanks
You should call her DDD, then! Just teasing.

Good and bad input on content of posts and videos I completely understand. Criticizing the intent of others for posting I do not.

Did I miss the videos? What page of the thread?

She has posted several videos, did a quick search and found one. This current thread is a post about what happened at one of her daughter's meets. As I said in my post above, bring all those posts on! Just want to make sure others aren't discouraged from asking questions.(Even if they are just fishing for compliments, lol) Good discussions come from them.
https://chalkbucket.com/forums/threads/chows-winter-classic-level-10-videos.61799/

I just watched the video - I think she emulates artistry. Must have been a judges personal opinion.

She executed movements gracefully & with coordination. She had musicality. Her chin was up - eyes were off the floor.
I wouldn't change a thing.

Whew!!! OP here, just caught up with all the comments. Not sure I will be able to cover everything but first, I was totally not fishing for compliments by creating this post (but I'll admit that I have posted videos of my DD with the hopes of hearing good things about her, just a mom thing I guess!), I was generally curious as to whether something like this was common. And the .1 deduction is certainly not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but our gym's motto this year has been "fight for every tenth" and I really think that fighting for every tenth is very important in this sport, especially in the upper levels. And don't worry, i'll continue to post and share her videos. I just love that there are people out there who want to follow along on this crazy journey that we are on. I have no idea what the future holds, I only know what her goals and dreams are and that we will do whatever we can to help make those a reality for her. I do tend to wear my heart on my sleeve, especially when it comes to my DD and her gymnastics, and I can DEFINITELY get a little overzealous when sharing things about her. I will try and do better about thinking about what I post before I do. I never want people to think that I am bragging, though I'm sure it comes across that way sometimes. I'm just honestly a very, very proud mom who loves to share my daughter's achievements with other parents out there who get it. I welcome all feedback to all my posts, both good and bad. I'll end with this, if anyone wants to see more videos of hers please feel free to check out her youtube channel (www.youtube.com/lilypederson). Off to bed now, she competes at regionals first thing in the morning. I hope to be posting some good news on here tomorrow!!!

Whew!!! OP here, just caught up with all the comments. Not sure I will be able to cover everything but first, I was totally not fishing for compliments by creating this post (but I'll admit that I have posted videos of my DD with the hopes of hearing good things about her, just a mom thing I guess!), I was generally curious as to whether something like this was common. And the .1 deduction is certainly not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but our gym's motto this year has been "fight for every tenth" and I really think that fighting for every tenth is very important in this sport, especially in the upper levels. And don't worry, i'll continue to post and share her videos. I just love that there are people out there who want to follow along on this crazy journey that we are on. I have no idea what the future holds, I only know what her goals and dreams are and that we will do whatever we can to help make those a reality for her. I do tend to wear my heart on my sleeve, especially when it comes to my DD and her gymnastics, and I can DEFINITELY get a little overzealous when sharing things about her. I will try and do better about thinking about what I post before I do. I never want people to think that I am bragging, though I'm sure it comes across that way sometimes. I'm just honestly a very, very proud mom who loves to share my daughter's achievements with other parents out there who get it. I welcome all feedback to all my posts, both good and bad. I'll end with this, if anyone wants to see more videos of hers please feel free to check out her youtube channel (www.youtube.com/lilypederson). Off to bed now, she competes at regionals first thing in the morning. I hope to be posting some good news on here tomorrow!!!

Yes. Good luck at Regionals. And you should always feel like you can share here. The outside world doesn't get it. Nobody wants to talk about gymnastics unless they have a gymnastics kid.

Yes. Good luck at Regionals. And you should always feel like you can share here. The outside world doesn't get it. Nobody wants to talk about gymnastics unless they have a gymnastics kid.

SO True.

Tell her to Have fun and Be Great.

Good luck to Lily today! And please, everyone, keep sharing. Whether or not some readers might feel a particular post is over the top, it is important for all of us, from lowly compulsory moms like me to moms of L10 elite hopefuls, to have a safe place to get the crazy out (not saying OP's question was crazy or not crazy, but gym parenting does make me feel crazy about 85% of the time). Non-gym-parents just don't get it. We've got to stick together.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back