Parents Deduction question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Neneco99

Proud Parent
Anyone know if there’s a deduction for double saluting? Meaning judge raises hand, gymnast salutes…but doesn’t actually start routine, so judge raises hand again, then gymnast salutes a 2nd time…then starts.

Sorry... never saw this. You have 30 seconds to start once saluted. You must salute or acknowledge the judge... never heard of a double salute deduction. I have seen gymnasts and judges salute twice if they didn't think they saw each other or someone walked in the way... never a deduction though.

Anyone know if there’s a deduction for double saluting? Meaning judge raises hand, gymnast salutes…but doesn’t actually start routine, so judge raises hand again, then gymnast salutes a 2nd time…then starts.
Not heard of this. But I’m thinking you have a young lower level gymnast. And it doesn’t matter

Sorry... never saw this. You have 30 seconds to start once saluted. You must salute or acknowledge the judge... never heard of a double salute deduction. I have seen gymnasts and judges salute twice if they didn't think they saw each other or someone walked in the way... never a deduction though.
Thanks! This was a situation where after 1st salute the coach pulled her back, thinking there was an order mix up. Realizing there was not, a 2nd round of arm raise/saluting happened. Good to know this would not lead to deduction!

Thanks! This was a situation where after 1st salute the coach pulled her back, thinking there was an order mix up.

Ok... got it... that happens from time to time... I have never seen a deduction taken for that.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back