Deductions for all front tumbling for 9

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I don't think there is per se....there is a requirement to DO a front pass but it might be more of a compositional deduction. There was a girl at Level 10 who went on to get a fullride at University of New Hampshire and she did all front tumbling...and she won floor a lot. I personally think there should be a deduction for not going backwards but it never seemed to hurt her ( you can see her on you tube..Kayla Gray of Gleason's Gymnastics)...

I don't think there is per se....there is a requirement to DO a front pass but it might be more of a compositional deduction. There was a girl at Level 10 who went on to get a fullride at University of New Hampshire and she did all front tumbling...and she won floor a lot. I personally think there should be a deduction for not going backwards but it never seemed to hurt her ( you can see her on you tube..Kayla Gray of Gleason's Gymnastics)...

LOL DD just mentioned this gymnast the other day. One of the coaches must have been talking about it... DD really does not like back anything. She does it, but doesn't like it. I'm not sure I'm happy that she now knows there's a way out of it... :)

Failure to perform saltos in 2 diff. directions (bwd and fwd or swd) is a flat 0.10 deduction.

I'm surprised it's even that much because Kayla scores 9.5s and 9.7s and I don't think there's anything spectacular about her front tumbling...it's clean and fulfills the requirements (for front tumbling) but there's no fancy "wow" skills if I recall..

Related tidbit (that I learned at Congress this year): a single front or side aerial in a floor routine can satisfy the front salto tumbling requirement, if all the main passes are backwards. Feels good to actually put something I learned at Congress in writing, think it makes the 200 bucks worth it?:D JK (kind of)

I'm surprised it's even that much because Kayla scores 9.5s and 9.7s and I don't think there's anything spectacular about her front tumbling...it's clean and fulfills the requirements (for front tumbling) but there's no fancy "wow" skills if I recall..

The video of her on YouTube she did a mini pass of a RO/back layout step out. That is what they want mine to do. A way to get around the deduction until her back pass is ready.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back