WAG Deductions for hair colour?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

TigerPawLove

Gymnast
Is there a deduction for unnaturally coloured hair? (Red, Blue, Purple) Not just tinted after slapping a temporary dye over brown hair, but like, bleach then the colour, bright.

I don't know if there is a rule? Help?

I'm curious about this too, given the popularity of brightly colored hair or streaks of brightly colored hair these days. I'm pretty sure my daughter's HC would not be thrilled (to put it mildly) if she came in with dyed hair... even if it was in her team colors! ;)

It is listed under the ancillary USAG/CBIFOJA rules in our state. No brightly colored hair streaks....yep....7/10 off for bright streaks....even more for a bright pink stripe in the back of your hair on the right side. I swear it's there.

I'm loving the trend of just dying the ends of the hair, though. My gymnast did that this summer. It's already longer than she likes it for competition so we'll just cut off 6 in before she starts meet season and no one will ever know. :)

I'm loving the trend of just dying the ends of the hair, though. My gymnast did that this summer. It's already longer than she likes it for competition so we'll just cut off 6 in before she starts meet season and no one will ever know. :)

I love that look too! There is a girl in the high school at which I teach who has a rich chocolate base that fades to blonde tips and it is SO gorgeous. It is a great look depending on the person's age but I don't think it would look good on my 9YO at all....you know, the one who dreams of the day I will let her have that pink stripe.

There is actually a 7yo in my daughters gymnastics group that has bright pink stripes on a large portion of her head. Our coaches require her to spray that temporary hair color on top of it for competitions. It works and she's back to bright pink the next day. I don't know however if there is actually a rule or if it's just the gym's rule.

don't get me started .............

I looked round my zumba class the other day and was very proud to be the only person there who didn't die her hair.

I shall sit down with my cocoa now.......

I think the colored streaks are cute. My girls have chalked their hair so that they had temporary colors. I'm kind of surprised that there is a deduction for it. (though I guess it makes sense if there is one for nail polish.)

My girls also had those feathers in their hair that were popular a few years ago. My 5 year old had a pink one and a blue one. They were both mixed in with her hair so that they mostly showed up when their hair was in a pony tail or some other up do. (Both of my girls had the thin feathers, not the big ones.)

I don't have a problem with kids expressing themselves through their clothing (as long as it's not indecent), hair, whatever. That stuff is all temporary. One of my girls (not my gymmie) has recently taken to wearing a black knit hat... The kind with a tassel on top and two tassels on strings that hang down by her shoulders. She wears it from the time she gets up till the time she goes to bed, only taking it off for dance class and to shower. It was 90 degrees today. Does she look completely ridiculous? Absolutely. Do I want to just rip it off of her head? No doubt. But it's not doing any harm, and this too will pass. Right? I sure hope so! If my kids wanted streaks in their hair and they paid for it themselves, I'd let them. But I don't think their gym coach/dance teacher would be happy.

My DD has the ends of her hair bleached and dyed a bright blue. She's 10. Her coach said it needs to be normal before meet season (November). We will probably just cut the 3-4 inches that are dyed off.

Again, cultural difference strikes again, my kids would be sent home from school if they dyed their hair pink, purple, blue or had feathers in it. If they boys cut it too short or have tramlines they are sent home or put in isolation till it grows out.

Again, cultural difference strikes again, my kids would be sent home from school if they dyed their hair pink, purple, blue or had feathers in it. If they boys cut it too short or have tramlines they are sent home or put in isolation till it grows out.

What are tramlines and what is isolation?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back