WAG Deductions for hair colour?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

do you remember the knee rule ? if you kneeled down your skirt had to to touch the floor

I wish my school had that rule. Our only rule is that it has to be at least to your fingertips with your arms at your sides. Even then, the teachers don't do anything about it if it doesn't.

Oh goodness, If me or any of my friends had to wear a uniform, I think we'd die. We do have a strictly enforced dress code (no tank tops, shirts have to have a certain neckline length, shorts below where our fingertips hang down,etc.) But I guess that's because we're a private school....
Hair coloring is ok. In my opinion, dyed hair is only okay when it's temporary and when it's just at the tips.
Our public school has a similar dress code. It makes it harder to buy shorts for my skinny gymmies. They are short, but not short enough to compensate for the length of the shorts.

I agree. Being out of the mainstream was far easier with a uniform. Bullying was much less as we all had the same no matter what.

I was definitely a child who was different. Still am that way now. Embrace it. The people who bully end up being life's losers.

I always tell the smalls the world is full of sheep and wolves. We are wolves, we don't follow the herd, don't try and be a sheep. Be your own person, be true to yourself. You don't need to stand out visually to be an individual.

Were allowed to but most girls only dye under hair or the ends so our coached don't really care.

I wish my school had that rule. Our only rule is that it has to be at least to your fingertips with your arms at your sides. Even then, the teachers don't do anything about it if it doesn't.
The problem with the fingertips rule is that (for girls with long torsos and short arms) it can lead to some girls getting away with what is TOO short. MY sister is a perfect example. Her fingertips do not even reach her legs at all. Can you imagine what some girls might try to get away with if they were like that? Then, you also have the opposite - short torso and long arms. I know a girl whose fingertips were only a couple of inches above her knees.
I prefer the ID rule... your shorts or skirt or dress cannot be more than your student ID height above your knees. Too bad the male teachers are afraid to enforce the dress code because they get accused of looking at a girl "that way" whenever they point out clothing infractions.

I have heard some of.the high schools near us have made the girls all wear trousers now because of the issues with skirt length. When I see some of the girls in our local supermarket after school I can see why. They are so short.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back