Deductions?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have been wondering where in the world these judges are getting over a point in deductions, ESPECIALLY on vault. Can someone explain please. However, I'm starting to see a little more like on bars> I understand the handstands, but i am actually seeing bent arms on casts, on beam, bent arms on beam as well. So, i suppose I get it, This should be carried over to NCAA. But my main question is on Vault. I don't get it. When there is sufficient distance, height, dead center, don't get it.

Body position, head position etc during pre flight, repulsion, post flight and landing. Little deductions add up very fast. NCAA is not comparable to FIG or USAG.Maybe if vaults were scored at FIG meets as harshly as USAG coaches might lean towards vaults that they know their gymnasts can perform perfectly.

There are videos on you tube that explain all the deductions and I think there was a thread just a couple weeks ago about this too. i have a hard time seeing the deductions too but after reading the thread and watching videos in slow motion, i am beginning to understand. For instance, if you are still on the table after you pass vertical, that's a huge deduction (not blocking?) piking anywhere in the vault is a deduction as well - or several deductions if it happens in different places.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back