Defining a Bailey?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The Bailey on PH is no longer listed in the FIG. Additionally, it use to be a J.O. exception as a "C" value flop. However, this is no longer true either....

So, what is a Bailey? Does it fall in the Kher element group, or the pommel loop element group? Why is it no longer a J.O. exception?

This discussion happened more than once during last season between coaches and judges, in fact many of the discussions became rather animated.

The discussion was finally resolved when I received an email from one of the J.O. program heads. He clarified that the Bailey was no longer a J.O. exception "C" value flop. It was instead defined as a "B" value pommel loop.

Just wondering what everyone else's thoughts on this matter was?

My interperetation is that you'd get a B value pommel loop, meaning no element group credit for the kehr/russian group.

That was the clarification I received from Dean Schott back in March. Just wanted to see what everyone else's thoughts were.

Now, if you can add an additional pommel loop, you should get a JO exception C flop sequence. Which DOES get credit for the kehr/stockli group.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back