Parents Diabetic gymnast

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter is a type 1 diabetic and just got an insulin pump today. She got the tandem slim X2. Any tips on how to keep the infusion set in place? After stretching my daughter went to work on roundoff back handsprings and the very first one she did everything came unstuck. It was placed to the right of her belly button about three inches over and slightly below. I know we can try other placement, but we have to rotate and there will be times it has to be there, so I'm looking for any advice you have to offer! Thanks!

Don’t know if this will help but my son does basketball and his teammate wears a something similar on her arm. Just throwing a different placement option out there.

My daughter is a type 1 diabetic and just got an insulin pump today. She got the tandem slim X2. Any tips on how to keep the infusion set in place? After stretching my daughter went to work on roundoff back handsprings and the very first one she did everything came unstuck. It was placed to the right of her belly button about three inches over and slightly below. I know we can try other placement, but we have to rotate and there will be times it has to be there, so I'm looking for any advice you have to offer! T
Both of my nieces are type 1 and they use omnipod which fits much like their dexcom cgm. Is her pump external and connected with tubing or is it flush like her dexcom? Perhaps a different pump/pod would work better with gymnastics.

My daughter is a type 1 diabetic and just got an insulin pump today. She got the tandem slim X2. Any tips on how to keep the infusion set in place? After stretching my daughter went to work on roundoff back handsprings and the very first one she did everything came unstuck. It was placed to the right of her belly button about three inches over and slightly below. I know we can try other placement, but we have to rotate and there will be times it has to be there, so I'm looking for any advice you have to offer! Thanks!
My T1D isn’t my gymnast but he wrestles and plays several other sports. He also uses the tslim. Which infusion sets do you use? Did the actual site come loose or the secondary attachment? My son uses trusteel sets and it would take a significant amount of pushing on it to move it around. The secondary part tho that sticks just next to the site comes loose all.the.time. And he often just pulls it off and lets it hang. He uses a tegaderm over the site when he needs to but usually only needs to in the summer. He wears his site on his lower back so when he wrestles, it’s secure under his singlet - which fits similarly to how your daughter’s leotard would fit. Let me know if this helps. I can also ask my gymnast to help brainstorm, she’s very familiar with all of her brother’s supplies.

My T1D isn’t my gymnast but he wrestles and plays several other sports. He also uses the tslim. Which infusion sets do you use? Did the actual site come loose or the secondary attachment? My son uses trusteel sets and it would take a significant amount of pushing on it to move it around. The secondary part tho that sticks just next to the site comes loose all.the.time. And he often just pulls it off and lets it hang. He uses a tegaderm over the site when he needs to but usually only needs to in the summer. He wears his site on his lower back so when he wrestles, it’s secure under his singlet - which fits similarly to how your daughter’s leotard would fit. Let me know if this helps. I can also ask my gymnast to help brainstorm, she’s very familiar with all of her brother’s supplies.
We also use trusteel. They both came loose. We tried her hip next and it was definitely a better than the stomach. I think we're just going to have to play around with placement, or even make sure that the area where we place it is stretched when we insert it into her skin. Thanks!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back