Parents Did I overreact?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Sometimes, kids want just what they want, they do not know their limits. That's why they have CGM's like us(caring gym moms). I think your dd thinks she is much better, hence, she wants to do almost everything and she shouldn't yet. So, do not let her make you feel guilty, Mom, you did not overreact. You did the best thing that you knew how to do.

I think you did fine. Your kid only gets one body. That said. I would watch closely and keep conversation with your daughter as to whether they are respecting her injury or not. If so, great. Teach your daughter to be her own advocate for her body, it's a great life skill! Make sure she knows she has to speak up if something hurts and maybe phrase it as "this hurts, is there something else I can do?"

If they aren't respecting her health issues, find a gym that will. There are plenty of skills she can do in XCEL that don't involve extreme arching.

I think you did fine. Your kid only gets one body. That said. I would watch closely and keep conversation with your daughter as to whether they are respecting her injury or not. If so, great. Teach your daughter to be her own advocate for her body, it's a great life skill! Make sure she knows she has to speak up if something hurts and maybe phrase it as "this hurts, is there something else I can do?"

If they aren't respecting her health issues, find a gym that will. There are plenty of skills she can do in XCEL that don't involve extreme arching.

Thanks! I'll talk to DD again, and to the coaches. It's possible that she's been downplaying her injury with them, worrying that they wouldn't let her do the "fun stuff". We need to make sure we are all on the same page.
Thanks for all the great advices here, as usual! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back