WAG Did they just lower the hopes/elite qualification scores again?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mom2557

Proud Parent
I just heard that hopes/elite qualification scores were lowered again? Does anyone have any info?

Yes… here it is… effective immediately…

BD7DF2D9-1059-4DFE-8F86-B7202E41B5DA.jpeg

It will be posted on the USAG website tomorrow.

Does this mean some gymnasts who just missed qualification during the past few weeks may be eligible? Or only beginning now?

Does this mean some gymnasts who just missed qualification during the past few weeks may be eligible? Or only beginning now?

Well now that’s a good question now isn’t it?

Wow! Any reason it's so low. When my daughter qualified for elite back in the day it was 53.00 for Juniors...would've loved these new ones!

Wow! Any reason it's so low. When my daughter qualified for elite back in the day it was 53.00 for Juniors...would've loved these new ones!

Right... not that this is easy... but honestly... this is pretty easy when you are talking elite.

But my daughter just reminded me that Nastia was scoring almost 17s back then and now 14+ is a good score....

But my daughter just reminded me that Nastia was scoring almost 17s back then and now 14+ is a good score....

Very true… things just keep changing.

There is also one less core requirement per apparatus, so essentially that is 1.5 less available. If it's to account for the fact that gymnasts have not been able to train consistently over the last two years, I am also okay with that. USAG probably needs to try and keeps kids in the system at this point. An average score of over 12 (junior) I feel is fair in the current scoring climate.

Reactions: JBS

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back