Parents Did you get your Fall schedule yet?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mariposa

Proud Parent
Proud Parent
We finally got the Fall meet schedule. Abby is so excited, she can't wait to start going to meets again. Fall is her new gyms main season and they do meets in Spring depending on what the girls need. For compulsories, Fall runs September-November and Spring runs Jan-March.

August- Judges Critique Meet
September- 2 meets
October- 2 meets
November- 1 meet and Level 4 States

We still don't know if they are using the new or old music for floor. Abby doesn't care either way, but I hope they find out soon. She has practiced the new one along with the video at home and I am still not liking it. I have the old stuff ingrained in my head still and just don't think the new stuff flows well.

So, did you get yours?

Good luck to Abby I am sure she will do fantastic. Will she be able to compete in the spring as a level 5? I wish we got my daughters meet schedule but they do not start competeing until Dec but my daughter thought she heard they may have one in Nov. We still do not know which music we are hoping they use the old level 5. Her state meet I know is in the the middle of May so it is going to be a long year. I know our state web site has a calendar of meets for the year we do not know which ones we are doing but it gives you an idea of when the state meets are.

We did get ours!

Most of our meets are in Feb/March...but we have a couple "early" meets in October/November.

October-1 meet
November-1 meet
January- 1 meet
February-3 meets
March/April- 2 meets and states!

Good luck to everyone! We are very excited!

Did not get new schedule yet, I still feel like the newbie. It is so weird to not be in the "know" after being in one gym for what seemed like a lifetime, LOL, even though it was only 4 yrs. Maybe I will find out more after DD begins working with her new group next week. Not even sure about the hours. Our season for L5 was usually starting in Jan but now they have made all compulsary (456) starting in Sept. Not sure when our first meet is, we were given a parent sheet with some tentative dates, but not sure DD will be ready. Bars is her saving grace, she probably could compete that along w/beam, but she is seriously lacking on vault and floor right now after working with the other group for about a month. Good thing is that nothing music wise is set in her head. Old gym would have used the old L5 music, but new gym is making everyone use new music. I heard it and don't care for it, but it doesn't seem to be the stripper-ish music the old L5 routine was set too, LOL. I also think new gym doesn't compete as many meets as our old gym did and that is fine with me. I wouldn't even mind sitting out this season. Maybe I will know more closer to September.

I think you will see Abby having a great year! That second year of 4 really helped my DD, and gave her such confidence & determination. She pretty much got medals/ribbons in every event last season. You are not even going to believe the difference in watching videos from her one year ago! How do you like your new gym?

OK, just found tentative meet schedule:

Oct: Pumpkin Cup
Nov: Sectional, Rutgers Classic
Dec: Sectional
Jan: Sectional & States

Travel meet info included but not decided & not sure how many: Black Eyed Susan, Evergreen Invitational, Bay State Classic, Buckeye Classic

I did not think we were starting until Oct, but I did hear buzz about something possibly in September, which is maybe why groups are being re-shuffled earlier than planned.

Last edited:
Good luck to Abby I am sure she will do fantastic. Will she be able to compete in the spring as a level 5? I wish we got my daughters meet schedule but they do not start competeing until Dec but my daughter thought she heard they may have one in Nov. We still do not know which music we are hoping they use the old level 5. Her state meet I know is in the the middle of May so it is going to be a long year. I know our state web site has a calendar of meets for the year we do not know which ones we are doing but it gives you an idea of when the state meets are.

I know she has improved, but she definitely slips into old habits when she does the floor routine with music. I almost hope they use the new music because she will have to learn it different to go with the cues. She won't compete as a level 5 until at least fall of next year. I don't see her moving up until May, though they do do move ups in December, I don't think she will be ready. She expected to do a whole year at level 4 again, so no biggie. They uptrain and do progressions for level 5 and 6 skills, so she is happy and challenged and in the perfect gym for her. :D

I am sure your DD will do great at level 5 this year! Can't wait to start hearing meet reports. :)

Did not get new schedule yet, I still feel like the newbie. It is so weird to not be in the "know" after being in one gym for what seemed like a lifetime, LOL, even though it was only 4 yrs. Maybe I will find out more after DD begins working with her new group next week. Not even sure about the hours. Our season for L5 was usually starting in Jan but now they have made all compulsary (456) starting in Sept. Not sure when our first meet is, we were given a parent sheet with some tentative dates, but not sure DD will be ready. Bars is her saving grace, she probably could compete that along w/beam, but she is seriously lacking on vault and floor right now after working with the other group for about a month. Good thing is that nothing music wise is set in her head. Old gym would have used the old L5 music, but new gym is making everyone use new music. I heard it and don't care for it, but it doesn't seem to be the stripper-ish music the old L5 routine was set too, LOL. I also think new gym doesn't compete as many meets as our old gym did and that is fine with me. I wouldn't even mind sitting out this season. Maybe I will know more closer to September.

I think you will see Abby having a great year! That second year of 4 really helped my DD, and gave her such confidence & determination. She pretty much got medals/ribbons in every event last season. You are not even going to believe the difference in watching videos from her one year ago! How do you like your new gym?

OK, just found tentative meet schedule:

Oct: Pumpkin Cup

Travel meet info included but not decided & not sure how many: Black Eyed Susan, Evergreen Invitational, Bay State Classic, Buckeye Classic

I did not think we were starting until Oct, but I did hear buzz about something possibly in September, which is maybe why groups are being re-shuffled earlier than planned.

I bet that your DD will surprise you as she always has and get that floor routine and vault now that she is working the the other 5s. Just watch!! Bars is so hard, great that she has those good. Beam, too. I bet you will be telling us all about her meets soon!!

We LOVE Abby's new gym. I have no regrets at all, except maybe should have switched sooner, LOL. She is so happy there. She loves all her coaches and really clicks with them all. Her form has improved and her strength, too. She gets lots of time doing progressions and uptraining for L5/6 skills (yesterday she was doing ROBHSBTs spotted on the tuck) and she loves it. I love all her coaches as well and no longer have any stress about her gym stuff because I know she is in a great place.

She is progressing and happy and that is the important thing. No more complaints of being punished for what others do, etc. Her old gym still does that, friend was just telling her she had to do 15 v-ups everytime she missed her kip???? Crazy. I don't know why I stayed so long. New gym is so positive and she just loves it. She brings home trophies from team meeting a lot and I know she is working really hard.

I am excited to see her this season. She is pumped as well. I think it will be a good season for her, probably get medals on something at each meet and that will be a good confidence booster for her. I am enjoying her only practicing 10 hours a week as well. She has a hard time when she sees her friends from old gym and they are telling her all the tricks they have learned, but she also says she wouldn't go back, so it is all good. :)

How exciting! I LOVE competition season lol. :D We did get ladybugs schedule. Notice I said did lol. As quickly as we got them handed to us they got snatched right back. Turnes out during practice 2 meets got X and 4 other meets got added on ~ in state as well as out of state. So A hard final copy should be handed out later on this week. I think is is wierd how competition seasons runs so differently from state to state. I wonder why that is...

We got our schedule a few weeks ago. We are doing the WI compulsory season this year as we only did winter season last year. We are only doing an abbreviated fall season, three meets and states. (end of Oct, 2 in Nov, and states beginning of Dec). We are then doing a fun meet in Cancun in Jan, and 4 other meets in the winter season. DD will be level 4 in the fall and hopefully 5 in the winter. The winter meets are at the end of Jan, one in Feb (Chicago) and 2 in March.

It is a toss up whether DD will do 4 or 5 at Cancun. I would kind of like that to be her last level 4 meet so she dan relax knowing the routine well and enjoy the time on vacation.

I do the meet registrations for our team, so I have known our schedule for a long time, even the optional schedule for the spring which has not been released yet :D

Little Monkey is doing Level 6
Oct/Nov - Rocktober, Turkey Tumble, Rutgers Classic plus Sectionals
Dec - Greater NY
Jan - Sectional & States

Big DD
Jan - Rutgers Color Games, Parkettes Invitational
Feb - Magical Classic (Orlando!!!), Sectional
March - Hopefully Level 8 States

April - both girls 2 USAIGC Invitationals
May - USAIGC States
June - USAIGC Nationals (maybe)

Blackie, hopefully we will get to meet at Rutgers and/or the Sectionals!

Just asked DD about music - the new music is on order.... we were going to do first meet in Sept, but now waiting till first wkened in October

Blackie - we will be at Rutgers Classic as well, probably won't compete the same day, but we are doing the same meet! That will be dd's first meet to kick off the season.

She is also doing the following:

Christmas on the Cheseapeake
Classic for the Cure
Maryland Classic
WOGA Classic

She will also have Sectionals/States and the possibility for anything after that too. ;)

Yeah, we got ours about a month ago. Practice for Beth (level 8) will be Mon, Tue, Fri & Sat--she loves that (last year she was MOn, Thu, Fri & Sat--she likes not having 3 days in a row). Meets start in January--only away meet is Chicago Style. No Regionals for level 8s--coaches say they've stopped entirely as they don't feel it "benefits the gymnast's career" and they say most clubs are opting out of Regionals for level 8s--is that true for people here??

No Regionals for level 8s--coaches say they've stopped entirely as they don't feel it "benefits the gymnast's career" and they say most clubs are opting out of Regionals for level 8s--is that true for people here??

I find that interesting Our L8 have always went really do not no if they plan to next year.But I would think one of there goals would be to get to regionals and a treat to compete in the regionals?
Anyway my dd L5
1 qualifier -sept(probally opt out )
1 qualifier-oct(probably opt out interferance )
1 qualifier -nov
Gene stowe Invite -nov
State -dec
Sports fest Invite-Jan
come Jan. 1 of 3 things will happen compete L5 again Jan-May ,compete Prep op(our gym does not compete L6,or do not compete at all during spring.Will not no till Jan.Our compulary compete AAU Fl and we have to use new music.

Blackie - we will be at Rutgers Classic as well, probably won't compete the same day, but we are doing the same meet! That will be dd's first meet to kick off the season.

She is also doing the following:

Christmas on the Cheseapeake
Classic for the Cure
Maryland Classic
WOGA Classic

She will also have Sectionals/States and the possibility for anything after that too. ;)

We will be at Christmas on Chesapeake and Maryland Classic also, but DD is a Level 6 and I'm sure will be different days! She is most exicted to go to Pink Invitational in PA this year.

Our in-house judge/coach judged at the Pink Invite last yr and loved the meet. I would love to go to the Pink, but we are doing a different meet with the same concept - but we don't get leos at the meet we are going to, but those who went to the Pink got leos that they competed in - lucky ducks! ;)

We will be at Christmas on Chesapeake and Maryland Classic also, but DD is a Level 6 and I'm sure will be different days! She is most exicted to go to Pink Invitational in PA this year.

We don't start our season until January so we won't even get a schedule until the end of September. (I wish we got it sooner)

We did get our practice schedule yesterday. M, T, W, F and Sat and a HUGE increase in tuition. Didn't see that one coming. LOL!

Yes, DD is very excited for the leo. It's not a bad priced meet, considering they end up with a leo out of it, and it's for a good cause!

We just got our PRACTICE schedule yesterday. I am SO relieved!! Katy will practice M, W, F and S!!! YAY!!! Last year, the L7's practiced M, T, TH, F AND S. I just could NOT see how that would work w/her going into high school this year.... so she and I are both very happy!

As far as meets go... nothing firmed up yet EXCEPT we know we will be doing the Disney invitational the weekend of Feb 5/6. I'm hoping they'll get a schedule out ASAP!!!

Yeah we recieved our competition schedule as well as our new training schedule.

Sept. - 1 - judges cup
Oct - 3 - with one of them being our home meet (Halloween Maddness)
Nov. - 1-
Dec. - states

Jan. - 2- one being Universal Invite which is our old gym's home meet as well as an International Meet. DD is excited to see old gym coaches/friends. And the other one the New Year's Invite in Disney World- should be FUN!

Feb. -3- but we are only going to 2 because one is a travel meet in OH.

March -1-

Our training schedule is great too!! M & W 3:45pm to 7pm and F 3:45 to 7:45pm. She also has TOPS S 9am-12pm with free open gym 1pm -2pm.

DD is very happy with her gym and her training right now. I am just keeping my fingers crossed she transitions to new fall schedule easily and doesn't get frustrated with running too many routines. All this summer uptraining has her a bit spoiled!!! :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back