WAG Discussion of abuse in USAG - Nassar

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Anyone else find it interesting that GK is doing a line of "empowerment leos" with Laurie, Simone, and Nastia, but not for Aly? This makes me very sad, being that Aly has been so vocal against USAG and bringing everything into the light.

Anyone else find it interesting that GK is doing a line of "empowerment leos" with Laurie, Simone, and Nastia, but not for Aly? This makes me very sad, being that Aly has been so vocal against USAG and bringing everything into the light.
That is odd, but we don't know why. Who knows how Aky's contract with Gk works, or what or if the communication was between the two about the empowerment leotards. I would not necessarily read something negative into it.

I was just looking at those and thought it was weird, too, that Aly didn't have one. Trying to not read too much into that since it's GK and not USAG but who knows.

FYI.... This is what was posted on Gk’s Facebook page in response to someone asking why no Aly Leo..
“Thank you for your inquiry. All of our athletes were given the opportunity to participate in this charitable program. Respectfully, Aly chose not to participate, but we continue to engage with her in an effort to provide her support in a manner in which she wishes. - Girisha, CEO Elite Sportswear“

FYI.... This is what was posted on Gk’s Facebook page in response to someone asking why no Aly Leo..
“Thank you for your inquiry. All of our athletes were given the opportunity to participate in this charitable program. Respectfully, Aly chose not to participate, but we continue to engage with her in an effort to provide her support in a manner in which she wishes. - Girisha, CEO Elite Sportswear“
Thanks for helping clear that up! I'm glad it was Aly's choice.

I am wondering what would be said about a gymnastics coach who wished a know physical woman abuser well and then brags about how great they are.... Because a very big politician just did that on national TV... today.... yep I know.. no politics but this is absolutely connected.... A culture exists... And the people at the top FEED it. If you want USAG officials out of a job then the same standard should set for our politicians....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back