WAG Discussion of abuse in USAG - Nassar

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Wow

Joel Ferguson: 'This is not Penn State. They were dealing with their football program.'

Yeah. I just spent a few quality minutes online commenting on random Facebook threads in Michigan to introduce people to the recall procedures in that state. In case we have any interested Michiganders out there, here ya go. You can totally get rid of this dude. Thirty years is enough. #TimesUp

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/sos/June_2011_Clerk_Accred_Manual_Chapter_18_362762_7.pdf

Why has Kerry Perry not been sitting in that courtroom every day since this started? I know she wasn't a part of USAG when the abuse took place. But as the leader chosen to take it forward, she needs to listen and hear the stories. Is that really too much to expect?

And I'm a lawyer. I fully understand not making public apologies and amends while litigation is pending. But there is no legal risk to simply listening.
Pretty sure she sat there a couple days then left and started making changes/investigating. 1st being that she closed the Ranch ASAP.

The thing is, even over on the parent board under the "how do we change this?" thread, the comment is made that "some parents feel like they don't have a choice" because of limited gym choices in the area. This is mind-blowing to me. Don't have a choice? The choice can be for your kid not to do gymnastics. It'S GYMNASTICS. The world will not end if you choose your child's well-being and they don't get to do it. So, while I absolutely don't hold these parents accountable in these horrific stories, parental and societal attitudes have GOT to change. There is ALWAYS a choice to take your kid out of an abusive environment, even if it means the end of their dream.
This

More at MSU than "this Nassar thing". We used to be State fans. How low can they sink?

http://woodtv.com/2018/01/23/msu-trustee-more-happening-than-this-nassar-thing/

I love the fact that the NCAA just came out and opened an investigation! He actually laughed when he was asked if he was worried they would investigate! I hope they all go down in flames!

I hope the NCAA throws the book at them... His comments implied that non-football sports are a lower priority/concern to the NCAA and can basically get away w/ more abuse. Omg!

I don’t see Nassar deciding to speak.
If he does it will just be a bunch of empty bs anyways.

Dont know if the question was aksed- Anyone hear from the 2008 olympic team on personal abuse? Was Nasser their doctor at the olympics in London?( except Shawn and Nastia who made some sort of statement)
Their PR must be calling them non stop to see if they need to make statements?

Dont know if the question was aksed- Anyone hear from the 2008 olympic team on personal abuse? Was Nasser their doctor at the olympics in London?( except Shawn and Nastia who made some sort of statement)
Their PR must be calling them non stop to see if they need to make statements?

I don't want to know unless they want to share. I don't even want to speculate. It's not our business unless they decide it should be.

I am SO glad he is FINALLY going to receive consequences. I am SO PROUD of the victims and their families for being brave and strong and coming forward, and so proud of those, too, that still find themselves unable to come forward. Whatever their path of healing takes, I hope that everyone will support them and they will find some peace.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back