District Championship Level 6 tomorrow

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Big D is competing tomorrow at the District Championship, I know that everybody qualifies to South State so I just hope she will have a good and clean meet and have fun, but she is putting a lot of pressure on herself because she have had a good season this year (36's and 37"s). She is my little perfectionist and I am here to support her, so wish her luck tomorrow.

Thanks...

Level 6, right? Good luck to her! I am sure she will do great if she's been scoring 36s and 37s all season.

Meg

Sending her lots of good luck and some "have fun and enjoy the meet" fairies as well. :D It has to be hard to have kids that are perfectionists and hard on themselves. Mine isn't and I still stress about meets, I would be a mess if she was worried.

Good luck to you dd tomorrow! I hope she has a wonderful time and not too much stress.

Are you going to provide us with video with your meet report? A few of us are still living vicariously through the meets of other children right now;)

Good luck to your dd! Sounds like an impressive level 6 season! She'll shine for sure! Have fun! We are just beginning our level 6 season. We'll be waiting for the vids!

Big D is competing tomorrow at the District Championship, I know that everybody qualifies to South State so I just hope she will have a good and clean meet and have fun, but she is putting a lot of pressure on herself because she have had a good season this year (36's and 37"s). She is my little perfectionist and I am here to support her, so wish her luck tomorrow.

Thanks...

I know she did brilliantly but I wanted to ask why do they have a district championship if they all qualify to state? That seems odd.

I know she did brilliantly but I wanted to ask why do they have a district championship if they all qualify to state? That seems odd.

Because they have a district Championship for level 4, 5 and 6's. They qualified 300 girls for South State and then they take 150 from North and 150 from South and have 300 girls at State.

Level 4 only have South (or North) State so they make the cut at District Championship.

Level 5 has a cut in District Championship to South State because they have more than 300 girls competing in each half state, and then the cut from south (or North) to State.

Level 6 does not have 300 girls in each half of the State, so every body qualifies to South (or North) State, but they have a cut to State, the best 150 in each half.

Level 7 you have to get more than 34.00 AA to qualify to State and there is never more than 300 girls at State. They don't have District Championship, but they have South (or North ) State.

Level 8 and up only have State, and Regional, etc.

The higher the level the less number of gymnasts.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back