Do some people just love to complain?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Krystan

Proud Parent
Just a vent; I know no one is going to solve my problems today! I am boiling with anger after standing in the waiting room for 15 minutes or so. I usually love watching a little, catching up with other parents, etc, but I feel like I can't chit-chat anymore because I can't stand the complaining.

I can't go into details without potentially "outing" myself, but it seems like some people will NEVER be happy. Certainly our gym is not perfect and has its issues, but overall we are very happy with the philosophy, coaches, and opportunities my dd has been given. I'm sure I've complained a time or two about late schedule announcements, etc, but overall we are very happy where we are or we wouldn't. be. there. And these are parents whose kids are very successful (but maybe that's why they think they should get special treatment) so I don't get why they're whining so much.

I usually just shut up, but today I stuck up for the gym. I had to get out of there quick though or I might have exploded.

Good for you for sticking up for the gym! Gym managers and coaches can only do so much to change the "parent atmosphere." Really, the only way to change the waiting room atmosphere, is if more parents start being positive and counteract the complainers. There will probably always be a few complainers, but the general feel really can change.

Glad you stuck up for the gym too! Too many people just stay silent while someone is spreading around negative (and frequently wrong) information. Maybe they'll think twice about doing it again.

I can definitely say that I've been on both sides of this story. I've been the one sticking up for the coaches and the gym even if it makes you very unpopular. I've also been the one complaining. It's very easy as a gym parent to get caught up in the frustrations and sometimes you just need to vent. I find it's best to do that venting away from the gym and in private.

DD has been at two gyms and her old gym had a very negative environment amongst the parents. I hated even walking in that place sometimes. The new gym is not that way at all. I'm not sure what the difference is exactly, but I sure do love it.

Having been at a gym full of complainers, I try very hard to keep my frustrations to myself because no gym will be perfect. If the gym meets your childs needs you have to just look at the big picture.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back