WAG Do you actually need a back walkover to learn a bhs?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I think sometimes the coaches don’t give an option. The Australian Code if Points is treated a bit like a National secret, only made available to qualified coaches with current technical memberships.

But I believe it should be more publicly available, so gymnasts actually know the options they have.

Happy to share the information with anyone who wants it.
That would be great if you could. Thank you!. My daughter isn’t good at communication so a lot can be lost in transit.

Reactions: JBS
I think sometimes the coaches don’t give an option. The Australian Code if Points is treated a bit like a National secret, only made available to qualified coaches with current technical memberships.

But I believe it should be more publicly available, so gymnasts actually know the options they have.

Same goes for the US code. Should be public info imo, but they treat it like a trade secret.

Actually it is available, anyone can download the app. Personally I was pretty annoyed to discover this as it is made out to be a 'member benefit'.

I also wasn't thrilled when trying to teach beam routines in a hurry (main coach hadn't done their job) be told - 'mum said to do it like this as that's what they do on the app'
As the videos are not always correct and in this case mum had interpreted the skill incorrectly in a way that was really unsteady.
I get why mum went looking, had the coach done the job she probably wouldn't have gone looking. I'm not there to argue - 'okay do what your mum said'

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back