Parents Do you do anything to help pay for your gymnast's "habit"?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Work full-time. I used to run a home daycare, that was when gymnastics tuition was tough to meet--especially since I had two gymmies at that time! I did coach at the gym--got paid and a tuition credit too. Once my girls turned 16 (older one) or 14 (younger one), they both were able to work as coaches so that credit helped some too.

LL's dad & I work full time. But we have 5 children between us, & other households we support. So I'm giving a shout out to LL's grandparents who graciously pay monthly gym tuition - and we handle the rest.

I am trying to work with our gym to do more fundraising. But apparently the other parents aren't that into it since it doesn't benefit there child only. It goes into a big pot that gets split up evenly.

I guess some ppl don't like saving money

Our gym offers a few small fundraisers and 1 large one. I was able to take off $200 from dd's competition fees. Over the summer, I had several yard sales to cover her new optional leo and beam/floor routines. My dear mother picks up the slack for us. We are blessed.

My gym does a variety of fundraisers selling over priced junk and unhealthy stuff. The of 86 -100 kids typicallyvraise abt 4000 for this effort. I hate pushing this stuff on friends and family so i end up buying about $40 on each sale on stuff I don't even want. I would much rather cut a check for $50 (4000/86) and call it a day. But, sigh, it's not an option.....Rant over. Time to go sell some pizza kits!

We are incredibly lucky, our gym runs a successful Friday/Sunday bingo and has several other fundraisers throughout the year. This year, our Parents Association is covering all of the meet entry fees, plus State. We will only have to pay for one travel meet, which we use as our family vacation anyways. Tuition....that's another story, but they are flexible and there are options of when to pay and you can split it in half to pay along with your pay schedule too.

I did work full time, but not anymore. Our bc pays all meet fees, uniforms, usag, travel expenses for gymnast and coaches' fees so all I ahve to pay is tuition and my travel. makes it easier to swallow.

I am on the opposite end of the spectrum- if I worked they wouldn't be in gymnastics at all. Me being free to do errands, admin stuff for hubby, and meals during the day is the only reason I can sit all afternoon and night at the gym and take them to their meets, etc. At their old gym I volunteered with the kids as needed for a discount on tuition, and we fundraised for regionals costs.

I work full time and I sell Origami Owl to help pay for DD's activities. Feel like I am constantly playing for something.

Sent from my iPhone using ChalkBucket

I am a full time student so I am not doing a job outside the home right now but do run a small business sewing children's clothing that I have been doing for four years. Working at home allows for a lot of flexibility but it also means I am up most of the night working. Sewing pays for both of my kids activities and grandma pays $50.00 for each child to help out with the fees which is so nice! We also have cut down on the monthly budget for other things (no cable, no eating out, I make most of my kids clothes etc.).

I work a full and a part time job to pay for my kids sports.. it is very hard at times, but they are doing what they love.

I just started a new job that pays more money, and there is opportunity to make significantly more in the near future. My reaction? "Good, now I can afford to pay for more gymnastics hours!" I'm also more motivated to work hard for promotions than I was in the past- we need the dough for our kids.

I work in the office of our gym a couple afternoons a week. That does not fully cover my DD's monthly team fees. We were falling further and further behind in our finances, so I just quit my part-time job and got a full-time job, which I will start soon. This will be a huge adjustment to our family, but it's the right timing.

I deliver pizzas at night after my husband gets home and our daughter has finished her practice sessions. Thankless job but it pays for tuition and incidentals.

I am looking for a job as a sitter at the hospital. You sit in the room with people that like to wander or are a fall risk. If anything happens, you call the nurse. A friend works from 7-11 most nights. Holidays and weekends are overtime and you make your own schedule.

I am a nurse, so I have the luxury of being able to work an extra shift or two if needed.

And want to add, the sitter job sounds a lot easier than it actually is...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back