Parents Do you do conditioning/practice with your children?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have just looked at the PX90 and Gymnastics Bodies programmes on you tube. My dd would probably love to do the Gymnastic Bodies at home it looks great for gymnasts or ex gymnasts. Way beyond my abilities :eek: I doubt I could join in any of it !!

Does anyone secretly want to go swing on the bars? I know I do, but it would be embarrassing. Gymnasts' abilities are totally inspiring to me. To the original question though, no I don't condition with my kiddo. Gym is her thing and my workouts are my thing. Plus she likes to show off or step on my yoga mat which brings out the crazy mom inside. :)

Does anyone secretly want to go swing on the bars? I know I do, but it would be embarrassing. Gymnasts' abilities are totally inspiring to me. To the original question though, no I don't condition with my kiddo. Gym is her thing and my workouts are my thing. Plus she likes to show off or step on my yoga mat which brings out the crazy mom inside. :)

YES !!

When I did bars - 35 odd years ago they were way different - lot closer together, I just wish I could still handstand

My little gymnast is only 4.5, and barely 30 pounds, but this kid's muscles are starting to put me to shame! I'm a lifelong runner and tennis player, so I love doing anything active together.

Little A likes to pretend we are doing a gymnastics class together: we warm up, stretch, and then I "see what she can do" in the living room (vault onto sofa, splits, cartwheels, etc). We have done P90X as a family before...funny but cool to have kids asking to do Ab Ripper!

My husband can do a decent cartwheel and handstand against the wall, actually! Aside from these things, I am enjoying teaching my daughter how to swim (and we do chin ups on the ledge of the pool as well as what we call pool ballet).

It's fun! I'm excited to see her getting so strong and confident; right now her "conditioning" is just playing (playgrounds, bikes, outdoor sports). I hope she continues to love it!!

My little gymnast is only 4.5, and barely 30 pounds, but this kid's muscles are starting to put me to shame! I'm a lifelong runner and tennis player, so I love doing anything active together.

Little A likes to pretend we are doing a gymnastics class together: we warm up, stretch, and then I "see what she can do" in the living room (vault onto sofa, splits, cartwheels, etc). We have done P90X as a family before...funny but cool to have kids asking to do Ab Ripper!

My husband can do a decent cartwheel and handstand against the wall, actually! Aside from these things, I am enjoying teaching my daughter how to swim (and we do chin ups on the ledge of the pool as well as what we call pool ballet).

It's fun! I'm excited to see her getting so strong and confident; right now her "conditioning" is just playing (playgrounds, bikes, outdoor sports). I hope she continues to love it!!
Yes, they can get so strong and confident at a young age from playing in the playground, riding their bike, swimming etc, my dd didn't discover gymnastics til she was a bit older than 6 but when she was little she loved playing in the park, playground, swimming, riding her bike etc. Everyday she would play on the bars climbing frames etc for hours while I read a book, she was always very active and never sat still. A parent I got chatting too told me I really should get her into to gymnastics at age 2 she was swinging off bars and doing her own little dismount! Funny he was right and it was a good sport for her!
I think the gym is just an extention of that playground to her now and she must have been quite well conditioned from all her made up skills in the playground so she caught on quick.

hahaha no way would I take on my kids!
I do quite a lot of pilates and yoga so my core is pretty good and balance probably better than the kids. But handstands/bars - hahaha!! no way in the world could my shoulders hold my bodyweight. I have far too many long term injuries to embarrass myself in front of the kids.

I don't work out anymore. But I still play around with my kids because gymnastics always was (and still is) just a lot of fun for me. Things I can still do that my gymnast can't : walking on my hands, handstand pirouettes, front and back flips and baranis on the trampoline. Things my gymnast can do that I can't anymore : all bar tricks, backbends and backwalkovers, rope climbing/strength stuff. She LOVES when she can show me up!! Which will be happening more and more.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back