Parents Do you go to out-of-state meets as a compulsory level gymnast?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

They don’t compete Xcel states either? Do they do a whole season, or no full seasons until optionals?
We do a full season of xcel and go to xcel state and regionals. No state compulsory. Just do a mobility meet to test out of 4 and 5 once they are ready for level 6. This year might be different. New head coach. Who knows!

This question may seem naive; my dd is a level 4 and been to the same gym since she started. Last year our gym started to travel to out-of-state meets, mandatory for optional but not for compulsories although it was strongly encouraged. We, as a family, decided to skip on these travels because of prior commitments and costs involved. This year a new out-of-state meet is coming up and it is not only very expensive but clashes our state meet. We decided to skip again and feel bummed because of the lost opportunity to go to state. Since I have told the hc we are not going we feel unwelcomed in the gym. My question is: do clubs organize out-of-state meets for lower levels pretty often? I thought it would be more important on higher levels. Thank you for your responses, in advance!
I would say that in my career as a gym mom (11 years now)...my girls maybe went to one or two out of state meets on average per season, but with the exception of one they have been within 4 or so hours away.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back