Do you hate any events? (or your dd)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flipomaniak

Gymnast
I will sometimes hate and event but I usually get over it... I've never really hated bars, but with the other 3, its a different story. I have hated beam for a while, but I'm getting over it and had a great beam day today!! :)

Well i don't do bars so i don't really like them :p but i can't say i hate any apparatus, some days vault is a bit iffy but i like all of my apparatus

DD has a very wary relationship with beam...and it plain scares me! DS doesn't like High bar at all...
Yup. Beam is the hardest for me to watch and dd said if they did away with beam she'd be ok with that lol. To her credit and with the help of Doc Ali Cd and her coach she made huge progress this year on beam :)

i hate paying taxes...or getting root canals...those are the most awful events. :)

It depends on the year, really. When I was coming back from an injury and had really poor endurance, floor was really tough and I dreaded it every day. Then I had to learn a front handspring on beam and I was terrified of it (it's still a bit scary) for more than a year, so I dreaded beam. Now I think I'm back to hating floor...my form is pretty poor on tumbling and our floor coach has given me up as a lost cause, so that limits my progression significantly.

I usually get over mine as well, for example, if there's a skill that I'm not getting on bars and it's really holding me back, I'll hate bars. And, if I just got a big skill on beam that I love, and it's a major milestone, I'll love beam.

Right now for my 5 yr old it's beam. Although she's tiny, she's got bundles of energy and would be considered more of the "power" type I guess. Beam looks like it takes more focus and precision, and she gets frustrated easier on it. I'm assuming as her attention span grows a little, so will her patience for beam. She still likes it, but would much rather be moving more quickly or swinging from the rafters. ;-)

I hate pommel horse. Circles are so oring because it's the same thing over and over and it's it's not impressive to watch and I'm terrible at them.

I have a lot of trouble getting enough power down the vault runway. I tend to slow down before I hit the board and it gets really frustrating.

I don't really like vault.. I have a good run but I arch a lot on my front handspring (using the table trainer too... last week was my first week going over) But I just have to work to get better and hopefully I'll start to like it more.

At one meet with a male gymnast and coach we came to the consensus that nobody likes watching pommel, nobody likes coaching pommel and nobody likes doing pommel.

And for girls can I yell beam any louder? Only partly kidding, but its part of the sport that is there and I just have to deal with. Unfortunately..

"nobody likes coaching pommel and nobody likes doing pommel."

Are you kidding??!! Two words - Louis Smith.

I am definitely a WAG fan, always have been and know very little of mens gymnastics, but Louis Smith has probably done more to attract new gym fans and participants in this country than anyone other than Beth Tweddle. I've watched him compete live twice now and can't wait to do so again on Saturday :starry-eyed:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back