Do you text while driving?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I've seen it! That video is so scary and realistic. I hope the parents on this board will share and discuss it with their teens.

yes i hope so too that is why i put it on a big website like this.

I am proud to say, the only time I have ever texted in the car was either as a passenger, or at a stop light, when it was red. That point aside, driver's ed programs don't offer things like this to kids anymore, because they think they are invincible, and it will never happen to them-the glory of being young. Hate to say this though, and as callous as it may sound(apologies if I offend anyone), I daresay, when that does happen in real life, the person responsible who is injured, will be treated with the same amount of care as a drunk driver, especially those who injure or kill others in an accident.

I think in emergency rooms Drunk Drivers recieve the same care as if they were not the drivers. As a friend, cousin and daughter of emergency room physicians, please don't assume they get substandard care.

I still remember a video we saw in drivers's ed called DWI: The Deadliest Weapon in America. That said. Please don't text or drink and drive.

I watched this the other day and I was in tears! I was on the rescue squad for almost 10 years as an EMT, and work in a doctors office for over 20. While I was quite used to the coming up on the scene adrenalin, assessments, ER, extrications, fatalities and such...I was totally unprepared to watch the scenerio unfold in front of me that could ahve been preventable. I hope anyone who watches it thinks twice about texting or talking on the phone while driving. Looking at those baby's beautiful eyes is a sight I won't soon forget!

Wow. That was a good video to see, hopefully more people will see it and realize that texting while driving can be just as dangerous as drunk driving. We watched other videos like this in driver's ed and it makes me realize all the bad things that can happen because of texting while driving. I have my temps now, but once I get my license I won't text and drive. :)

It's Illegal to use a hand held mobile phone while driving in Australia. This includes talking on the phone or texting. Using a hand held mobile phone is also illegal when the car is stationary but not parked e.g. when you’re stopped at traffic lights. If caught you get an on the spot fine and 3 demerit points.
Learners and those on probationary licenses cannot use mobile phones at all, even on hands free or blue tooth etc.
Are you allowed to use mobiles while driving in the US?

i am sooo glad everybody is understanding the danger of texting and driving:) just think how would you feel if you were the one who was texting and driving and killed someone?

My former daycare provider (Sami's daycare) was killed last summer by a 17 yr old girl who was texting while driving--55 mph--and crossed over the center line. My friend and her son were both killed instantly. The girl walked away.

My kids know well the possible consequences of texting and driving.

that is soooo sad:( how could people not know that texting while driving can kill?

It's not they don't know, nobody thinks it will ever happen to them. Or, think it's just a short text .....

I saw something like this on drinking and driving on the most impactive commercials or something. but in the drinking one this world soccer hot shot went out to party while this little kid was in his backyard playing soccer in a cute mini goal. and the soccer hotshot crashed into the backyard and killed the little kid and the dad ran out screaming, whilst the soccer hotshot didnt know what to do with himself. it almost made me cry. im glad some people are showing others the seiousness of this so that maybe it wont happen anymore. thanks for this thread!

No, I don't assume anything, my mother was a trauma nurse, it's not that they get substandard care, jerk or not, you get the same treatment to be kept alive, and it ends there. Though my heart does go out to those who are suffering from any tragedy of the sort, texter or not

wow lots of people are looking at this thread i am sooo glad that i posted this cuz maybe now people will STOP texting while they are driving!!!!!:)

LOL I can't even turn on the radio while driving never mind texting.

That was extremely gut- and heart-wrenching. It brings to light the reality we live in today, right here in the US. If they show it over in England, what's so wrong with showing it here? Kids are kids. They can show all kinds of stuff on prime-time TV nowadays. Just make it known how graphic it is. Or show it only in a classroom, notifiying the parents ahead of time. While they may try to make texting and/or talking on a cell illegal, it's still going to happen. That's the sad, sad truth. :worried:

Even if this video makes a difference to one person it's gotten it's message across. I do believe, however, that it will affect a lot more people than that.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back