Do you use our mobile app?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Do you use the mobile app?

• Yes...I would probably not come here as much without the app.

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Yes...I only use the app.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes...I use both the app and the regular site.

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters
I almost exclusively use the iOS app. I love it. I use the site far more often because of it - it's just so quick to have a look at what's happening. In fact it's on my main screen I use it so often....a few days ago a coach asked for my ipad to film DD and as she handed it back to me she had a funny smile on her face...it was only when I opened it up to watch the video that I realised she had seen the app icon....that's my cover blown!).

For a while there was an issue with quoting a previous post but that seems to have been fixed. I do miss seeing the status of a poster but after a while you get to know who's who.

I only use the app (from my iPhone) unless I want to start a new thread. Haven't figured out a way to do that from the app; is it possible?

I think it has a slick look though.
Dont know how 'participated' works coz it says I haven't participated in anything!

I would use the app much more often if I could get on my social groups. That's mainly what I access. IOS here :)

Unfortunately...the app will probably never work with the social groups. The social groups are a third party add-on.

I think it has a slick look though.
Dont know how 'participated' works coz it says I haven't participated in anything!

Interesting...mine has nothing too.

Try closing down the app and restarting it and see if it takes you to the recent posts page instead.

I only use the app (from my iPhone) unless I want to start a new thread. Haven't figured out a way to do that from the app; is it possible?

Yes...first make sure you are logged in. Then go to the "forums" list and select the forum that you would like to create a new thread in. In the upper right there are three dots...click the three dots. Then click "new topic".

Interesting...mine has nothing too.

Try closing down the app and restarting it and see if it takes you to the recent posts page instead.

Much better. Seems to load onto the last type of page I was on. So if I was on unread last it goes onto unread first.

Much better. Seems to load onto the last type of page I was on. So if I was on unread last it goes onto unread first.

I'm not really sure what it will do...but I have it set to go to "recent posts".

Yes...first make sure you are logged in. Then go to the "forums" list and select the forum that you would like to create a new thread in. In the upper right there are three dots...click the three dots. Then click "new topic".
Thank you!

Just checking on the mobile app...
  1. Do you use it on a regular basis?
  2. Which app...iOS or Android?
  3. Do you find your responses to be shorter when using it?
  4. Would you check on the site less often without the app (using our mobile site)?
Why am I asking?

Many of the features of the site do not work in the app...and they never will. We initially added the app because the mobile version of the site was terrible. Since we have switched to the new forum software (less than a year ago)...the mobile version of the site is very good...and fully functional with all of the site features.

I guess what I want to know is...

Do you all love the app?
The app is the only thing I use... I have it on iPhone and I find myself checking it every spare moment I have the only hung I can fault it on is the reply space is limited but other than that it's amaising my #1 most used app :)

Yes, I use the IOS app 90% of the time that I am on here. I am fine with the fact that it opens the mobile site when I go to social groups, but I don't like using the mobile site as much otherwise.

I would be on here less without the app.

I use the app on my ipad. But only to check in and read posts. If I have something to say, I always go onto my computer. Hate typing on my ipad and as we all know I am super long winded :)

Works great for my purposes but not essential.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back