WAG Doctor/chiropractor recommendations- shoulder/back

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MabelSt

Proud Parent
Looking for ideas to help my daughters shoulder flexibility, it's hurting her back and her ability to do skills safely. She's doing some stretches at home, does anyone have a stretch checklist that helps? Also wondering if it's worth it to go to a chiropractor, what could they do?

I would suggest a physical therapist with a knowledge of gymnastics, particularly young gymnasts, instead. I know some speak highly of chiropractors, but a knowledgeable PT would be able to get to the root of the problem and provide stretches and treatments for whatever the underlying issue is.
Ask around at your gym, the coaches or other gym parents might have experience with someone local they have really liked.

PT could definitely help, but a good massage therapist and/or chiropractor may well be necessary for long term. But I'd probably start with the PT as well -- she may some some unidentified weakness causing the issue.

Looking for ideas to help my daughters shoulder flexibility, it's hurting her back and her ability to do skills safely. She's doing some stretches at home, does anyone have a stretch checklist that helps? Also wondering if it's worth it to go to a chiropractor, what could they do?

PT

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back