WAG Does a fouetté hop/jump count for split requirements on beam?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Assuming the split is actually at the right angle, can you get SR credit for doing this?

And adding on, would a fouette hop to a wolf hop work as a jump series?

ex

to

minus the full

I do not think you can do a fouetté in full split unless you lower your chest down towards horizontal, so your back leg can reach vertical like in a full split scale. Not sure if that would receive deductions for lowered chest, whether it would be judged as a fouetté, or whether they can give split jump/leap credit for a vertical split. Technically if you take off and land on the same leg, it's a hop, not a jump/leap so I'm not sure if that would fulfill the requirement.

If you wanted to pick up the front leg so that it was a balanced split (like a split jump), it would be a split leap 1/2. That's a C in the FIG COP on beam. If you change legs in a fouetté to full split, that's a tour jeté and it's a D on beam.

I think it would count as the 180 degree split requirement IF you could hit 180 degrees, which would be almost impossible - it'd be like a sissone half? I guess if you had a really flexible back you could do it.

It wouldn't count in a leap series because it's not a leap, it lands on the take-off leg, so it's a hop.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back