• 40+ hours

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Full time on salary

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
J

jes.the.gymnast

hi all,
i started doing ym when i was 3, did it for ten years and then had to quit i started coaching a few years ago and i love it so much. i can't picture my life without gym in it. i've been thinking about becoming a full time gym coach when i leave school. i syill want to go to uni/colllege to study though. so i was wondering if you coach full time have you studied and if yes what?
thanks
jes xx

Full-time coaching positions are pretty hard to find. Coaching isn't not something one does for the money; Most likely, you'll have to suppliment your coaching income with a day job.

Still, coaching is a job I wouldn't trade for the world. My life essentially revolves around the gym, as it has for the 3 years since I graduated highschool, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

i know thats what i am worried about not beinga ble to find work :( i already coacha t to gym so i will stay with them for aslon as i can. i trained at one for 10 years before i sarted coaching. i coach 3 nights a week and i look forward to it soooo much if i could do that everyday it would be the best thing

I do...for the past 10 years. I failed out of UW-Madison...majored in neep (nuclear engineering and engineering physics). My wife coached full time for the past 10 years....now only about 20 hours per week. She has a degree in health science. We run Leotard Crazy (1-888-27-CRAZY): Gymnastics Supplies, Grips, Leotards, Tiger Paws, Gifts, and more... as a side job.

Last edited:
I coach fulltime. I notice you are from Australia so if you want to cach fulltime it would be ideal to seek out further coaching qualifications. Ideally consider doing your kindergym coaching qualification as kindergym classes are usually held in the mornings, if you just coach older kids there is a limit to the number of hours work you can get as they are in school 6 hours a day 5 days a week. You also may want to consider looking into coaching in school sports programs.

thanks :) people keep trying to talk me out of coach, so i dont know. i still have awhile to decide i guess.
yeah i coach at two gym and i've done some kinder classes before, thats a good idea though. i just don't know how to go about working more af full time

You are still very young, many people your age choose a career based on the experiences they have had. It is logical that you would look to coaching after spending so much of your childhood in the gym. It may be that coaching is your calling and you want to do nothing else for the rest of your life but keep your doors open. In the years after you finish school you will learn many new things about yourself and the world.

thats why i still want to go to uni.
i was thinking of doing something like sport manergent or applies sci

You could do something like physical therapy so you can help gymnasts and other athletes rehab and then do some coaching on the side. Or massage therapy or nutrition or something. All of these professions relate to gymnastics which will make you a better coach.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back