WAG Does anyone have any experience with prolotherapy??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

cadybearsmommy

Proud Parent
Not looking for medical advice, just experiences. :)

Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with using prolotherapy in gymnasts or other athletes and if they have found it beneficial? Also any experience using it with older non athletes (for chronic muscle pain/tendonitis, etc.)?

Will appreciate any info!

I have series of prolotheraly injections in my Achilles tendon for tendinitis that wouldn't heal. At the time I was 20 and doing a lot of circus arts and still training gymnastics. The injections themselves were quite painful, but bearable, and if I remember correctly, I wasn't allowed to run/jump/tumble for a week after each injection. It wasn't instantaneous, but it did seem to help and after a series of injections the pain went away and the tendinitis hasn't flared up since (and it's been close to a decade).

My husband had a lot of success with prolo for his wrists. He's had wrist pain that he attributed to weightlifting. After a series of injections, it was night and day. He found better success with some doctors than others though. His wrists would be really swollen after each injection though. I found it hard to look at.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back