Does anyone know what style this is?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

In Germany this is part of a gymnastics team competition, called TGM/TGW. There are 8 disciplines and you have to choose 3 or 4 (depends of the age groups). The focus is on creative, extraordinary, fun routines. I have never seen such a competition, but I do know people competing it.

The disciplines are:
-Gymnastics on floor with or without a block (as you can see in the video)
-Dancing
-General rhythmic gymnastics with apparatus (hoop, ribbons, …)
-Singing
-Throwing a big, heavy ball
-Orienteering
-Relay race
-Swim relay

Usually there are 3 age groups:
In TGM („gymnastics group championships“)
youth (ages 12-19, 8-12 competitors per team), adults (18 and older, 8-12 competitors) and seniors (age 30 and older, 6-10 competitors)
In TGW = „gymnastics group competiton“
Juniors (age 12-16, 8-12 competitors), youth (age 12-19, 6-10 competitors), adults (18+, 6-10 per team)

I do not know the difference between TGM and TGW, but I think it about the structure of the competition.

English is not my mother tongue , please excuse any errors!

In Germany this is part of a gymnastics team competition, called TGM/TGW. There are 8 disciplines and you have to choose 3 or 4 (depends of the age groups). The focus is on creative, extraordinary, fun routines. I have never seen such a competition, but I do know people competing it.

The disciplines are:
-Gymnastics on floor with or without a block (as you can see in the video)
-Dancing
-General rhythmic gymnastics with apparatus (hoop, ribbons, …)
-Singing
-Throwing a big, heavy ball
-Orienteering
-Relay race
-Swim relay

Usually there are 3 age groups:
In TGM („gymnastics group championships“)
youth (ages 12-19, 8-12 competitors per team), adults (18 and older, 8-12 competitors) and seniors (age 30 and older, 6-10 competitors)
In TGW = „gymnastics group competiton“
Juniors (age 12-16, 8-12 competitors), youth (age 12-19, 6-10 competitors), adults (18+, 6-10 per team)

I do not know the difference between TGM and TGW, but I think it about the structure of the competition.

English is not my mother tongue , please excuse any errors!
I would love to hear more about this, can you PM me more if you want to? Can be in German, if that works better for you. And "sprache" can mean thoung, but also language, that was the only mistake

I know this is an old thread but since I started it I figured it was okay for me to post here.

The link above doesn't work anymore but here's a similar video I found.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back