WAG Does anyone remember ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 14190
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Im curious why that matters? Is it for the sake of fairness?

If so, isn’t more “unfair” that you have 5th yr level 10s competing against 1st year level 10/ in srD?

Or former/future elites competing in JO against girls who train half the hours?

Of all potential inequities in gymnastics, competing against girls 1 yf younger/older doesn’t seem like huge deal

If every region broke up their own age group then took the top 7 and entered into that same age group at national , you would have division above you with younger kids and below you with older kids. Unless after regionals you divided the age groups again. Our gym goes to very big meets and My 11 yr old never competed against a 16 yr old. So must be small meets when that happens:)

Im curious why that matters? Is it for the sake of fairness?

If so, isn’t more “unfair” that you have 5th yr level 10s competing against 1st year level 10/ in srD?

Or former/future elites competing in JO against girls who train half the hours?

Of all potential inequities in gymnastics, competing against girls 1 yf younger/older doesn’t seem like huge deal
I haven’t brought of fairness at all. Nothing in life or gymnastic is fair. Some posters brought up ways to make the region numbers even, which would be great. I’m personally not a fan of changing the National age bracket at nationals. Changing regions so they are more even would be great in my opinion. This conversation has been going on for years and nothing has change .

Changing regions itself would not completely fix the issue. if USAG sets age groups, you would still have situations within a region where one age group only has a handful and another age group has 20-30...

I'm not sure why it's so important that the age all be similar once you hit Nationals? what's the logic that you shouldn't compete against girls younger or older than you?

at any rate, I think you are right, doubt anything will change anytime soon.

I haven’t brought of fairness at all. Nothing in life or gymnastic is fair. Some posters brought up ways to make the region numbers even, which would be great. I’m personally not a fan of changing the National age bracket at nationals. Changing regions so they are more even would be great in my opinion. This conversation has been going on for years and nothing has change .

Changing regions itself would not completely fix the issue. if USAG sets age groups, you would still have situations within a region where one age group only has a handful and another age group has 20-30...

I'm not sure why it's so important that the age all be similar once you hit Nationals? what's the logic that you shouldn't compete against girls younger or older than you?

Yes, the regions need to be redrawn AND the age groups need to be fixed. I think there is greater variance now between age groups within regions now that they went from 8 to 12 age divisions. I think if the regions were equalled out then each region could set their 12 age groups equally and I bet the variance at Nationals from region to region would not be more than a few months- I just don't think it would really matter if Suzy from Region 1 in group C was 3 months younger than Jane in Region 6 in group B. I think trying to let the regions set their own age groups now though with the variance would be problematic- How would you realistically divide the qualifiers for R2 into 12 age groups and then match up where to give the extra spots when the age brackets may be vastly different because of having so few girls.

They’re always competing against girls older or younger year round. I really don’t think it’s so important . I just get the feeling Nationals is about representing your region and that age group across the country. I’m not saying I’m right, just how I feel about natitionals. I’m sure the next person thinks something different and that’s why we don’t see change.

Yes, the regions need to be redrawn AND the age groups need to be fixed. I think there is greater variance now between age groups within regions now that they went from 8 to 12 age divisions. I think if the regions were equalled out then each region could set their 12 age groups equally and I bet the variance at Nationals from region to region would not be more than a few months- I just don't think it would really matter if Suzy from Region 1 in group C was 3 months younger than Jane in Region 6 in group B. I think trying to let the regions set their own age groups now though with the variance would be problematic- How would you realistically divide the qualifiers for R2 into 12 age groups and then match up where to give the extra spots when the age brackets may be vastly different because of having so few girls.
Correct , redrawing the regions needs to happen so that each region can pie its own kids. In that order :)

I cannot find the state results for L10 for the following states. Anyone?

Alaska
New Mexico
Louisiana
New Jersey
Maryland
Minnesota
Wisconsin
South Dakota
North Dakota
West Virginia

Reactions: sce
@coachp Post that map you showed me here... that was very interesting.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back