WAG Does anyone remember ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 14190
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 14190

where the thread was that had a map of the regions separated differently? A fellow poster made a whole new regional map. I don't remember where I saw it but it was brilliant amd I want to investigate it further

where the thread was that had a map of the regions separated differently? A fellow poster made a whole new regional map. I don't remember where I saw it but it was brilliant amd I want to investigate it further
I remember it, not sure what the thread was. Something about nationals or NITs

I remember it but not whose post it was. May have been 2 or 3 years ago, not sure. Does somebody have the Sat eve session off?

Reactions: sce
It may have been around Regionals last year(or 3 years ago), not sure. But there seems to be a gap in postings that are saved, can't find it.

I think it was last year at this time. I have been searching every key word/phrase that I vaguely remember from that thread ("move New Jersey to R6") to no avail.

Yes we had a big blip in the saved postings once. Lost a couple of years. Plus the search function is not the best right now.

I posted it in 2015, but sadly all my posts from that year are gone :( Also gone is the software account (from an old job) I used to create it, so I do not have access to the file. :(

It was definitely last year as I was on that post. Coach P, it was a brilliant map....and I was looking for that thread just the other day. Someone had gone through all the regions and listed # of kids at 9 and 10 per region (and maybe even by age group as well....)
If whomever did that map is still on CB, maybe they can repost it if they see this thread!! Coach P, maybe change the title of the thread to mention more specifically this topic.....I wasn't even going to look at this post by the title 'til I saw it was you so I was sure to read it :)
Maybe "lost L9/10 re-done regional map from a year ago" ???

Sasha, you and I posted at the same time - I could have sworn it was a year ago... ????
It was brilliant!!

I posted it in 2015, but sadly all my posts from that year are gone :( Also gone is the software account (from an old job) I used to create it, so I do not have access to the file. :(

So it sure seems like regions really need to be redrawn. Numbers are SOOO out of whack. LOVE what @Sasha has done with the map - surely a huge improvement.

But my take is it seems like the regions won't be reorganized to even out the numbers anytime soon....that would be a huge undertaking.
For those in the know with the overseers of our national JO system, is there any hope that in the near future there maybe variation in how many kids each region sends to L9/10 nationals, based on how many kids are competing in each age group in each region? (that would be a much quicker fix I would think)

OR, will things remain as they are for the coming years as there is no one higher up looking to improve the system / balance out the numbers of how many gymnasts per region go to nationals?

Reactions: sce
But my take is it seems like the regions won't be reorganized to even out the numbers anytime soon....that would be a huge undertaking.
For those in the know with the overseers of our national JO system, is there any hope that in the near future there maybe variation in how many kids each region sends to L9/10 nationals, based on how many kids are competing in each age group in each region? (that would be a much quicker fix I would think)
The boys do it by a percentage of the kids in each level in each region. So one region may get 26 kids and another gets 9 kids. But boys do a lot less age groups too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back