WAG Does Circus Trampoline class help train Gymnastics?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I wanted to take a Circus Trampoline class. Do you think this class will help with gymnastics? I always thought doing this class would be considered 'cheating, and creating sloppy technique' in real tumbling (for front flips, backflips, side spins, etc). Reason is ease of use from jumping on trampoline etc.

Class description below

"In this class we will train the fundamentals of trampoline technique. Class exercises will focus on increasing foot articulation, developing an awareness of body positioning throughout space, and building a sense of trust and respect for the apparatus."

Reactions: JBS
You are right. Some trampoline classes do not teach proper form. Based on your class's description, it sounds good to me. My gym has a trampoline program that my sister has tried and found fun, so it really depends.

It will not be the same as gymnastics training and conditioning, but almost any sport will help with gymnastics.

I would see if the class has a refund policy, try it, and if you like it, plan on doing this and gymnastics.

There are trampolinists at my gym, too, and they have beautiful technique on the floor. They practise on the floor too, so they don't form bad habits. If you are a gymnast, and would be practising on the floor, than I am sure it would work similar for you!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back