Parents does my attitude need an adjustment - go on - be brutal

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Love the video and guess what, instead of the 50 lashes you can just do 20 mill circles in a row! That'll take care of your enthusiasm.

Hey TeamDad! That has got to be my favorite scene in the movie!!!! I love how Dan says "Is there something special about this rock???" HAHA!! I love it!!! Such an awesome movie!!!

Love the video and guess what, instead of the 50 lashes you can just do 20 mill circles in a row! That'll take care of your enthusiasm.

Ha!!! I'll just have to give you the same answer I gave my daughter when she was a L4...'Mill Circle, what's that?'....I also wanted to know why her coach wanted her to go to bars...it took me years to figure that one out:)

Hey TeamDad! That has got to be my favorite scene in the movie!!!! I love how Dan says "Is there something special about this rock???" HAHA!! I love it!!! Such an awesome movie!!!

hahahah, my favorite scene is when they go to the bridge...snort!

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2PQgyZSULP4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2PQgyZSULP4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

hahahah, my favorite scene is when they go to the bridge...snort!

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2PQgyZSULP4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2PQgyZSULP4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I love that part too! "You even had a word for it--it was AHHHHRRRGGGGGHHHHH!" LOL :D

Ha!!! I'll just have to give you the same answer I gave my daughter when she was a L4...'Mill Circle, what's that?'....I also wanted to know why her coach wanted her to go to bars...it took me years to figure that one out:)
LOL! Maybe we need the attitude adjustment??? Lets see we can start by sitting in the front row of every practice "coaching" from the side lines & video taping. That way we can play it back to our DD's after practice & tell them everything they did wrong. There is a mom at our gym that does this:eek:!!! No surpise her lovely & talented DD gets very stressed at meets & never performs to her actual ability in competetion. Think pressure has something to do with it??? I'm telling ya...ignorance is bliss all the way around. Best to not be "all up in your DD's grill" & just let her do her thing:D. JMHO.

Thanks for posting the Peaceful Warrior clips!!! DD & I both got soooo much out of that movie. Love the "Take out the trash" clip too:D! (but I don't know how to post it).

I know it sounds corny. But it really IS about the journey. Once you make it about winning & expectations...something get lost. It's just never the same. Like the girl at our gym who's mom constantly watches & critiques her, she just never seems like a happy kid to me. She tries hard to win & she is very good & talented, but something gets lost in competetion. I think it's because the joy isn't there...it's all about "expectations" for her to live up too. I feel like her mom is sucking the passion out of it for her:(.

I like that "ignorance is bliss". I totally get where you are coming from.
Thanks for "getting me" Bog:D! You know what I mean. Obviously I'm not uninvolved or I wouldn't have 800+ post on CB:rolleyes:. A gym parent needs to be informed for her DD's own well being. But not so overbearing that they are micromanaging & obsessing & interfering with their DD's passion, JMHO. Don't live your kid's life for them, let them live it. We are grown ups, if we want to be gymnasts than we should go out there & do it ourselves:D.

hahah, totally agree gjm. You have to know where to draw the line. For me, I promise never to chase dd's coach around the gym on my Harley Davidson while screaming 'you said you had a plan for my dd....':D:eek::D

Laugh, I swear one day I read a post here on the CB and that's the exact image that popped into my empty head

hahah, totally agree gjm. You have to know where to draw the line. For me, I promise never to chase dd's coach around the gym on my Harley Davidson while screaming 'you said you had a plan for my dd....':D:eek::D

Laugh, I swear one day I read a post here on the CB and that's the exact image that popped into my empty head

OMG TeamDad!!!! You crack me up! :rotfl: I soooo know what you mean ;)!!!

Now I can't stop giggling to myself...thanks TeamDad for putting that image in my head!!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back