does tape color matter in competition?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgal

Gold Membership
Proud Parent
DD has been having her arm wrapped since getting her cast off. She also wears a tiger paw but her tape extends beyond the brace. first competition is coming. We have been using regular white sports tape. Does she need skin color tape for the competition? If so, where do I find it or will the coach have this - typically the gymnasts must provide their own tape for routine taping in practice

thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would check with her coach to see if they have a preference. Some gyms like the flesh color and others are fine with the white tape. Having just been at a meet this weekend, white seemed to be used by almost everyone. Hate to think how many rolls were used for just this meet.

Hope your dd's wrist gets to 100% soon!

thanks. I'll have dd check with the coach.

Thanks for the well wishes as well. DD's wrist is all better. Dr. feels she's 100% but the coaches aren't taking any chances during competition season. So they are taping and bracing her for now. When the summer comes, they will ease her off the supports. I'm all for it short term. And it makes dd feel more secure - though very sweaty

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back