Does this evan sound safe!?!?!?!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymgirly1

OK we were at open gym the other night .And there was this girl who stood on the pit bar an did a half cartwheel into handstand an did a giant ! o_O I had never seen that before I mean what would have happened if she did a full cartwheel OUCH!! But does this sound safe to you ?!?!?! Would you do this with no spot ???..........scary

Hmm. Sounds dangerous. Very fun, but that's just me.
:D:D

Should I point out dangerous again?

well, it is just like the level 4 and 5 dismount on beam, just into a giant. It really doesn't sound that bad...i wouldn't do it just because the bar isn't made for that. But I think it sounds fine! Relax...she was just having fun at open gym!!!

Well, maybe not excessively dangerous, but certainly unorthodox. Even if you don't want to expend the energy to cast, it seems like the production of climbing up there, balancing, and getting into a decent position wouldn't be worth it. Why not straddle on and jump up. Or...cast.

As a gymnast I would have done it.Side entry handstand and go, sure. (Let it be known that I wasn't always the most safety-conscious gymnast. I took enough stupid falls for a whole team).

As a coach, I'd be rather not-thrilled if my girls were doing it, but it rates lower on my ZOMG don't DO that scale than other things I've seen.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back