does your club have rhythmic gymnastics?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

L

lil'gymnast

does your club have rhythmic gymnastics? our club used to have it, but not any more. there were only a few girls on the rhythmic team, they were really good. it seems like not many clubs have rhythmic gymnastics, why is this?:confused:

No. I wish! I'm really flexible, and I've always wanted to try it, but the only place close is Salto and they charge a lot of money!

There is only one place in San Diego that I know of for rhythmic...it's very specialized.

No. I wish! I'm really flexible, and I've always wanted to try it, but the only place close is Salto and they charge a lot of money!

gracefulone...you must live close to the town I grew up in. It's a little town called Union Grove, my parent's and brother still live there. I started at a club in Racine call Peppermint (Racine Gymnastics Center)...then I moved to Harbor Club Gymnastics (out of business). I competed Region IV for 10 years. My coach works at Midwest Twisters now.

Union grove is an hour or 45 min. away. My lil sis had a softball tourney there once!

does your club have rhythmic gymnastics? our club used to have it, but not any more. there were only a few girls on the rhythmic team, they were really good. it seems like not many clubs have rhythmic gymnastics, why is this?:confused:
I don't think it's that popular. Maybe because of the required extreme flexibility, a lot of which is natural, although it can be learned w/ much persistance.

My club back home, Jewart's Gymnast (team name: Pittsburgh Northstars) has a rhythmic team. Our coach is a Bulgarian national champ as well as a world competitor and what not. The program started small, but after 3 years she's got over 20 kids on her team! We also have mens and women's artistic. I loved working with them and watching them--they're amazing gymnasts.

No. I looked into it and the closest one from me is a 5 hour drive
so I went into normal gymn instead it kinda annoyed me cause
you should see me with a hoop and ball! =)

nope. i don't know why, but I've never been interested in it really. It has always look boring, and easier than than artistic gymnastics.

My gym has rythmic gymnastics there is two classes for it and it cost like 600 dollers a mounth plus you have to pay for all the wands and streemers if you want to compete

nope. i don't know why, but I've never been interested in it really. It has always look boring, and easier than than artistic gymnastics.

Rhythmic is not easier than artistic! I agree, that artistic has more strength, but if you came to one of my training sessions you would see how hard it is, not to mention the extreme hand eye co-ordination that is needed.

Our gym has the three types of gym, Men's Artistics, Women's Artistic and Rhythmic. So everyone in our gym pretty much knows about all the types.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back