WAG Does your Gym get Crazier after the summer/during the summer Olympics?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Yes, always an explosion in rec (especially girls). We're preparing by adding more beginner classes to the fall schedule. I'm sure our August camps will be full as well with many last minute additions.

Our previous gym had a 5 year wait for boys and depending on the age if a girl it was anything from 18 months to 3 years for a Rec place I worked there and it was insane the amount of ppl signing up everyday and it's worse in Olympic years Maybe was to honest but I would but them on the waiting list and then tell to to try some of the other clubs while waiting for a place from us

I was just talking to the owner of DD's gym about this. He expects an uptick in the rec classes (which are already pretty full) as well as additional interest in preteam.

Our previous gym had a 5 year wait for boys and depending on the age if a girl it was anything from 18 months to 3 years for a Rec place I worked there and it was insane the amount of ppl signing up everyday and it's worse in Olympic years Maybe was to honest but I would but them on the waiting list and then tell to to try some of the other clubs while waiting for a place from us

I can't imagine years long waitlists. Seems like a location with ample opportunity for another gym to open.

I'm guessing that the mega elite gyms with Olympic team members get like this. This quad the elite gyms are more scattered with less national team members training together. Also, gyms, unlike other businesses usually have a finite amount of space and expanding isn't realistic. Let the craziness begin.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back