Parents Does your gymmie stick to the same brand of grips?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD's first few paisr were Hot Shots. When she switched gyms, she got Ten-O (buckle) and have had them ever since. However, because I feel like I am replacing them more often than usual (extra wear doing HS gymnastics and club) I actually ordered a new brand, from Ginnasta, just in case she wanted to try something different. She is pretty "loyal" to the Ten O brand though, LOL

My DD is has always been very anti grip. She has really struggled with sensory issues. Usually the girls get them after they get their kip. DD detested them so much that her coach finally gave up. We tried everything and several brands. Now that she is a L7 she has no choice. There have been many nights with tears of frustration over being able to do giants without them and not with them. She was using Ginnasta velcro ones, I think because they were softer, they were more tolerable for her. But just this month she asked for double buckle ones, because her coach thought maybe she would feel more secure in them. So now she has double buckle Ginnasta. So far so good. She actually did a full bar routine with them yesterday and felt good about it. Time will tell I guess if she switches brands. I sorta hope not. Finding socks the kid will wear is a challenge, let alone grips o_O

Last edited:
Im going to be honest here, grips completely confuse me. I've tried to hard to learn about them, and usually put it in the too hard basket. DD really needs some new ones, but I have no idea. A friend did all the leg work for her current pair.

I'm pretty sure they are one of these http://www.gymnasticssupplieswa.com.au/products/grips/womensgirls-grips as that's the place she got them from. Is it just me, or do they all look EXACTLY THE SAME?!?!

Im going to be honest here, grips completely confuse me. I've tried to hard to learn about them, and usually put it in the too hard basket. DD really needs some new ones, but I have no idea. A friend did all the leg work for her current pair.

I'm pretty sure they are one of these http://www.gymnasticssupplieswa.com.au/products/grips/womensgirls-grips as that's the place she got them from. Is it just me, or do they all look EXACTLY THE SAME?!?!
Those are so expensive! Or at least I think they are...I pay around $40 for those EXACT grips... where as those say $75?

Yes, they are basically the same grip with different "connections." So the palm piece is similar, but theres single buckle, buckle and velcro, velcro, single buckle... etc

Those are so expensive! Or at least I think they are...I pay around $40 for those EXACT grips... where as those say $75?

Yes, they are basically the same grip with different "connections." So the palm piece is similar, but theres single buckle, buckle and velcro, velcro, single buckle... etc

Lol, DD has the Velcro, has no interest in buckles. From looking at the pics I think they are the girls small hand ones, but I really have no idea.

I'm in Australia if that makes a difference, EVERYTHING is more expensive here!

Australian dollars...think $75 AUD would be about $50 USD at current rate.

Australian dollars...think $75 AUD would be about $50 USD at current rate.

The exchange rate is really annoying me at the moment. My kids want 16 inch beanie Boo's for Christmas. Of course they don't sell them in Australia and it's going to cost me a bomb to get the from the U.S. the way the Aussie dollar is at the moment. :(

Below is why they are $75... to be fair you could choose the regular priority mail option at a cool $47.50 (still more than the original product). This does not include the unfavorable exchange rate either...

I hate UPS.jpg

I just asked my girl today and she showed a willingness to go with the reinforced Reisports. She loves her new HC so much, she'd probably do just about anything he asked right now!

My daughter started with Bailies velcro, didn't like them. Tried Hotshots and they were okay. When it came time to reorder, went with Ginnasta velcro and she loved them. After a year in those she switched to Ginnasta double buckle narrow and that been her favorite ever since. They recommend switching to wide at 125lbs, so she still uses narrow. She loves that with a brand new pair she can do everything after a few kips and swings. She got new ones last week and I saw her doing giants and thought she must have not gotten out her new ones, but nope, they break in so quick. Her teammates hate getting new grips but she doesn't mind.

I want to pop back in and say that I sent HC an email about the reinforced Reisports, and he said that my DD doesn't weigh enough to be able to break them in. She's 80 lbs soaking wet - pretty tiny (12.5 yo). So if anyone is interested in those, be sure to run that by your coach! I never even thought about her being too small for them.

My DD's new gym prefers double buckles, but she's always used Hot Shot velcro. She now has one pair hot shot velcro, one pair double buckle that she hates and another velcro on the way as the other one is getting thin and will likely break soon. She switched to the leather cuff style when she started swinging giants, but otherwise, she plans to stick with these.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back