Parents Doing a happy dance

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MILgymFAM

Proud Parent
My daughter had planned to give up gymnastics if she was accepted into Oxford University for next year, which she was. She hasn’t been able to train since late fall due to covid restrictions, and then with going away next year.. well she was kinda sad about it and has been missing gymnastics a lot.

Well today she found out that Oxford has a club gymnastics team! And they compete! And it’s actually cheaper and more convenient than either at home or at her home college! Ha. Since they also don’t charge you for comp leos (!!) she’s going to splurge and buy a gym backpack and jacket, because how cool to come home with that.

I just wanted to share the happiness that my 19 year old, not a high level, average gymnast has right now, knowing she’ll get to keep going the rest of college. It’s amazing when they can keep the love alive.

Super news, mine competed for Glasgow University last year. They have all levels from beginner to elite at Uni competitions. They are a ton of fun. Mine went back after no gym for 7 years, it was an amazing experience.

I think she paid 70GBP for 3 times a week training, for a term. I was gobsmacked at how cheap it was. Travel to competitions was always a fun weekend away too.

Super news, mine competed for Glasgow University last year. They have all levels from beginner to elite at Uni competitions. They are a ton of fun. Mine went back after no gym for 7 years, it was an amazing experience.

I think she paid 70GBP for 3 times a week training, for a term. I was gobsmacked at how cheap it was. Travel to competitions was always a fun weekend away too.
I don’t know why it never occurred to any of us that it was even possible- she was just happy because she knew of club rowing at Pembroke that we never pushed looking. The opportunity to do both again, though, has absolutely made her so happy!

I did gym and trampolining at uni back in the late 90s and comps were a blast for all abilities - in fact my best friends at uni/ party times mostly came via those two clubs.

I’d also recommend adult gym as well as there are so many levels and events there too - been there and done that and also loved it!

Your daughter will have an amazing time

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back