Doing better. 2nd L4 meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Deanna

Moderator/Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Well, DD had an out of state meet this morning. We had alot of fun. Just being "girls"..while the boys watched the Cotton Bowl (Wooo Pig Soooie!..lol).

Even though she didn't really "place" any better than her first meet. (10th AA out of 12 girls in her age group 6-8 yrs old). She brought her AA up by almost 2 whole points. (missed 2 points by .075).

Vault 8.675 (last meet 8.4)
Beam 6.85 (last meet 6.4)
Bars 7.55(last meet 7.50)
Floor 7.85(last meet 6.7..over a point..wooohoo Beans!)
AA 30.925 (last meet 29.0)

She is so proud of herself..she raised all her scores. Almost raised her AA by 2 points. And she dismounted the beam on the right side this time...lol. (although she did have to do it twice..dang dismount)

She is a very happy little girl.

I did video it. But really..it looks alot like the last one..lol. (I think Im over that whole gotta show everytime thing) I still record them..just incase its that meet that she just blows it away...lol. (because that would be the one I would miss..lol) I will post the video on FB for her family..or anyone else who wants to see.

I did buy the disk of the professional photos. I have legal rights to post them, share them..send them via email. Only thing I cant do is...make a copy/scan into my computer the one free printed image they gave me when I bought the disk. Dunno..lol..Oh well. So I will make a thread and post those pics.

Oh, and I almost forgot..her team got 3rd place. Yep..these small town Arkansas girls went to TN and showed them how it's done..bahahahah

Lovely improvements Deanna, and that is exactly what we would expect to see. A nice steady increase over the season.

As to it looking the same as last time, that is why we have judges eh???

Wow improvement across the board, how wonderful for her. And congrats to the team as well. I love when the girls get all excited to run up and grab that team banner/trophy together.

It's fun to see how they improve over the course of a season. Last season, I put together a little video showing my DD how much she improved from the 1st to last meet. Kadee will be rocking it very soon, I know it. :) Sounds like a fun weekend for the both of you!

Thanks for sharing! So glad to hear that she's improved and happy with her performance. Sounds like she gets her positive outlook from her mom :).

Awesome improvements! So good to hear she isn't wrapped up in placements, it's so hard to compare a 6 year old to an 8 year old, it's so much better at that age to just look for personal improvements and achieving goals within her control. That darn dismount will come, probably sooner rather than later now that she knows she can do it under pressure! With so much improvement in such a short time I can't wait to hear how she continue to improve over the course of the season.

(Wooo Pig Soooie!..lol).

Gotta love the Razorbacks! I am from Arkansas originally (Little Rock). Recently spoke to a girl that is going to UA next fall and she was telling me there is an actual camp (cheer camp) that all incoming freshman go to just to learn how to "call the hogs!!" LOVE IT!!!

Love that she improved on all events! Way to go team! 3rd place!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back