WAG Don't know what to do

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

No Xcel team for me this year. Or possibly ever. Which leads to my confusion:

So now I really am stuck. One of the reasons that I wanted to do the team so bad was that I don't really like the class I am in anymore. I'm not really being challenged anymore. A lot of the girls in our class are lazy and/or not very good so we don't get to do anything hard. We're just doing the same things over and over now.

And... I just realized I forgot to explain why this is all happening:

So, as you may know, I've been having shin problems. I've been sitting out everything that could be hard on them at gym for about 2-3 months. My parents thought that since I took a month off (due to vacations and such) they would heal. So yesterday, my dad said to try doing everything and see if it still hurt. At the beginning it was okay, but at the end we were doing flips on the tumble track and it started hurting. I told my coach and she told me to work on the padded beam so I could still be doing something that wouldn't hurt it. I told my dad and asked him once again if I could please go to the doctor. He said he would talk to mom about it and they FINALLY said yes. Mom says she will call on Monday and see what he says. I'm pretty sure the shin splints have now become stress fractures. I don't know what else the doctor can do, since rest obviously didn't help much. But we'll see.

Anyways, that's why I can't do the team. I would have to join within a couple weeks and they obviously won't be better by then.

So I don't know if I want to stay in this class anymore. I also can't figure out if it's just the class I don't like or gymnastics in general. I love it, but also don't. It's confusing.
For the past few weeks, I've been noticing that I always go to practice in a good mood and looking forward to it. But by the end I'm just in an awful mood. I really don't want to talk to anyone or be around them. My coach always makes us play this game at the end of practice, which I used to like. But now I just hate playing it. My mom said to just tell her I don't want to play, but I'm in such a crabby mood I don't even want to talk to her. I don't even really know why this is happening. Nothing stands out that happened at practice that would put me in a bad mood. But I'm always practically in tears by the end, for no apparent reason. Maybe it's because I'm hurting so much by the end of practice (I always get hurt at practice, and I have no idea why).

My mom and I were considering switching classes before the whole shin thing happened. But I saw the other classes practicing (there are two other classes at the same level I am in) and they look even worse than the one I'm in now. So last night my mom brought up changing gyms. I really don't know if I want to. I've been going to this one for 4 years now, so I'm really close to some of the girls and coaches. I don't want to leave them. But I also want to be challenged more, which isn't going to happen in this class.

Mom says just take it one step at a time and see what the doctor says. Most likely it will involve taking a few months off of the gym, which I would hate, but is better than the other thing he might say, which is (gulp) quit gymnastics. I really don't know what I will do if that happens, but we'll see.

This was super long. Thank you if you've read this far.

See what the doc says, might need a lot longer than a month.

I don't think you are getting tired of gymnastics. Just tired of doing gymnastics half-assedly. It's not even a matter if you are busting your butt off. Your environment around you is half ***. So you have to ignore it or go elsewhere. Whether that is a different gym or quitting. Pull the trigger. Check out some other gyms if gymnastics is your passion.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back