Don't want to quit gymnastics! what can i do?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

micdda

Coach
I got to do gymnastics as a little kid for a few years. I loved it. I feel like it's in my blood. I had to quit when my parents separated. I missed it for years and years and finally got to join a HS team last year. I am now 17 and going into 12th grade in the fall. My learning curve is high and I have so much I want to learn if I had more time. I just don't want this final season to be the last time I can do it. I've read about adult gymnastics, but never found anywhere that offered it. Ive also read about collegiate club gymnastics, but I feel like it would be crazy expensive and I can't find too many colleges in WA state that offer it. I'm not ready to give it up!! please help!

I can't help you with much, but someone told me club gymnastics is really inexpensive. An ex gymnast is looking into it at Va Tech and she was told it was $100/yr. There were people with all levels practicing from beginner on up. I would visit some of the colleges who have club gymnastics and find out what they charge. It maybe more afforable then you think. Maybe someone with more experience can chime in.

Try looking up Laurel Tindall at Seattle Pacific University. She's the hc for the gym team and a very caring person. She should know everything about the collegiate club programs.

Start contacting the colleges you think you want to attend and see if they have what you are looking for. But keep in mind as you graduate HS and go out into the world (college or not) you are going into the world as an Adult and alot of the things you did throughout HS and as a teen/kid may need to be left behind - its all part of growing up.

Well, that's because once gymnastics gets in your blood, you can't get it out! So, your feeling is correct, gymnastics IS in your blood.
I don't know much about adult gymnastics.

Here's a list of the current NAIGC clubs: NAIGC. NAIGC has been trying to expand in R1, so some new clubs might pop up.

The cost for college club really depends on the club, the team size, and the effectiveness of the fundraisers. For example, I was on one of the largest and strongest (at the time) teams, and I only had to pay for meals when we traveled and for our gear (sweatshirt, long sleeve shirt, sweatpants, but the team bought the leo). We ran a class program through our gym, which paid for the majority of our expenses. I've also seen clubs that charge something like $250/semester.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back