double backs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

9bob8

At our gym we don’t have any pits and I want to start doing doubles what can I do.

Do you have a tumble track? I've seen coaches spotting doubles on that. Every time I've seen someone learning double backs it's been with a spotting coach, and a large part of what they do is push the gymnast up a bit, so they have extra height/time to complete the second tuck. So, a pit shouldn't matter. A trained coach and a proper mat should be sufficient.

Do you have a coach who knows how to spot one? They can be learned on the floor with a soft landing mat if the coach knows how to spot.

Try stacking mats up nice and high and doing timers like bionickoolaid suggested. If you have a rod floor you can do it off that with spot. They're a really fun skill--good luck!

Do you have a regular 7x14 tramp? I learned double back on a trampoline years before I learned them on the floor.

Also, snap down doubles off a nice mini tramp...onto a pit mat...with a spot (or using an overhead spotting rig).

I'm sorry to say it, but based on the videos you've posted in another thread, you're nowhere near ready to be working double-backs. Before you even think about working doubles, you must have a very tight and fast backhandspring, and a tuck that goes well above head height.

I would have to agree with Geoffrey on this one.:( We don't want to see anyone get hurt. Keep working hard and it won't be too much longer before your ready to start working that double.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back