WAG Double Buckle Grips? Or maybe not? Help!! Fast!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

fliptwisttwirl

Coach
Gymnast
Judge
I just got new grips over the summer (us glove velcro) and they're already wearing down alot. I'm thinking about getting double buckle grips but I don't know if that would make any difference. Reguardless..I need new grips VERY soon. Season's right around the corner. I'm about 115 lbs and training 8. Anybody have a really good brand or style they like alot and that would be good for my level and weight? Please help!! Favorite grips? Thanks!

At DD’s gym, they tell all the girls to get Reisport doublebuckle. The now tell the girls they haveto get double buckle instead of Velcro.

Our gym also orders double buckle ones for everyone. I can't remember which brand, DD is sleeping right now.

We have Reisport velcro - dd is smaller than you but they have last her over 2 years - we just bought another pair exactly the same! She loves them.

what is happening with your velcro grips? Is it the velcro or the leather or the stitching that is wearing out too soon? DD had her velcro grips for 2+ years with very little wear/tear aside from the velcro not sticking as much.

If it's the leather that is wearing down/warping and you're spraying water on them with chalk, there isn't much you can do. Most of dd's teammates use water and their grips break down very quickly. dd only uses chalk.

dd had ten-0 velcro (reisport like) and now has reisport double buckle. it took her a long time to transition to them. she didn't like how they felt but she uses the full time now and says the buckles are more secure.

My daughter always did double buckle Hot Shot grips from US Glove..the Hot Shots have a thinner palm area than the Reisports (she tried them o once and referred to them as boxing gloves)....

Gymgal it's the leather because I spray water on my grips. But the last pair I had lasted for 2 years even with spraying water on them. I wasn't doing giants or anything then though so that might be part of why they lasted so long.

My DD started with velcro at L5 lasted 1/2 a season before the velcro wore out. Has had double buckles since and now wouldn't use anything else. She has the brand that that the gym sells I think its US Glove or Resiport but not sure. With the double buckles you really need to get the longer sweat bands to put under them too. the first buckle ones she got are still good the only reason she doesn't use them is she out grew them. Her "new" ones are a season old and are still great and should last her a while unless she out grows them again.

I think once you start wearing grips velcro seems ok. However once you start some more big skills velcro just seems to wear out too fast.

DD has had English Bull Dogs (she won them at a meet) and Reispsort and the Reisport double buckles are her favorite!

They take a bit getting used to but then she said you wold never go back to velcro ecspecially at Level 8 skills

Good luck on them!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back