Parents Double cast

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

When do you stop doing a doing a double cast on bars?
My DD said her gym is having her do one cast now vs the other girls on her level.

Is this xcel silver or gold? Not unusual to see gymnasts do 2 casts at this level to make sure they hit the angle requirement(since no deducation at these levels for doing multiple casts). My guess is your daughter is consistently hitting her angle with first cast so not necessary. OR the rest of kids at her level need an extra cast for another element while your daughters routine already has enough counting skills.

Is this xcel silver or gold? Not unusual to see gymnasts do 2 casts at this level to make sure they hit the angle requirement(since no deducation at these levels for doing multiple casts). My guess is your daughter is consistently hitting her angle with first cast so not necessary. OR the rest of kids at her level need an extra cast for another element while your daughters routine already has enough counting skills.
Xcel silver

UPDATE: here’s what happened… my DD is doing a glide the cast, the pullover and squat or the shooting star.
The others are double a double cast then the same exception for one who goes to high bar but still does a double cast.
She was trying to figure out why she isn’t like the others doing a double cast - reason at practice they were scoring and she scored lower than her teammates. It appears they didn’t show great sportsmanship about it and lack of maturity.
Which has been happening she got back from the last meet scoring 9.4 and above and placing first on all events. There are constant comments to her now which I know is out of jealousy and some maturity (some made comments she should move to level 9 - and probably can throw those skills if she just tried ;fyi she is a Xcel silver so it’s kinda laughable)
But in my opinion I think based on the this practice the comments are starting to effect her mentally.
Debating on bringing it to coaches attention about the side comments that are being made. Or we ignore and know they will go away in time similar to a school setting.
I will say she is older and more mature and can fully understands what is going on. She is in the fence about saying something to the coach just so the comments can stop.

It sounds like she no longer needs to do 2 casts since she is hitting the right cast angle. The only reason 2 are allowed is to ensure that the gymnast gets the right angle, and doing 2 often gets the momentum for the second one. If your daughter already has it, she doesn’t need 2.

She is probably not ready for level 9 :) but it’s good she’s getting her cast angle, because Gold has a higher requirement, as does level 6 and up. Good for her for being good! Tell her the others are jealous and to not let it affect her gymnastics. Do inform the coach if she feels like it’s negative or mean.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back