WAG Double Layout Off Uneven Bars vs. High Bar

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My dd would also say that it’s easier for the boys to hold onto their bar! The speedy giants necessary to make a good double layout are hard to hold onto (at least for little ones).

Btw, Paul and Kenzo are amazing! I love hearing the girls coaching Paul... so fun!

Reactions: sce
oh I do get it! I think that it must be harder for girls, but for D, that fact is lost. Mainly because he struggled with it so much this year, so to him it is the hardest thing. Just like any skill (fun discussion btw)

Are there other differences? maybe for floor/vault where it is more apples to apples?

oh I do get it! I think that it must be harder for girls, but for D, that fact is lost. Mainly because he struggled with it so much this year, so to him it is the hardest thing. Just like any skill (fun discussion btw)

Are there other differences? maybe for floor/vault where it is more apples to apples?
Vault isn't apples to apples, at least in FIG (table height is different)

My dd would also say that it’s easier for the boys to hold onto their bar! The speedy giants necessary to make a good double layout are hard to hold onto (at least for little ones).

Btw, Paul and Kenzo are amazing! I love hearing the girls coaching Paul... so fun!
Yes, the women's ub is larger. The men's high bar is 2.8 cm and the women's 4 cm in diameter(that's 1.1 and 1.6 inches for you fellow backwards Americans). Like you said, wrapping tiny hands around a 5 inch circumference bar can be a challenge for the littles!

You were fine :) I get that they are very different. I think D struggles because of size right now..not as much room when you are 5'7"
At first I was like, "what?! No way is D 5'7" already, I swear he was only at most 5'1" when I met him!" And then it hit me that that was years ago and that my tiny DS of that meeting is now almost 5'6". How do they grow up so fast?!

At first I was like, "what?! No way is D 5'7" already, I swear he was only at most 5'1" when I met him!" And then it hit me that that was years ago and that my tiny DS of that meeting is now almost 5'6". How do they grow up so fast?!

I know! It really was only 2-3 years ago, but man they grow alot at this age!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back