Double Mini Shoes? What does my Tumbler need?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My 9 year old Level 6 Tumbler will be competing Double Mini for the first time this year. What type of shoes does she need?

1st competition is coming up, and i am going to have to order them. She will be the 1st one competing DM from our Gym, so its a learning process for all of us.

Well, she CAN just wear white socks (though tread on the bottom, like slipper socks, makes running less precarious). And they will need to be white.

I don't recall where we order our shoes from, though I'm pretty sure that UT has the biggest T&T program in the region (hi! we had to go there a couple years back for regionals! It was cold!) so I am sure her coach could ask another coach & they'd know where to get some quickly. I'd strongly advise asking her coach before going on a grand quest, there are things that 'work' but that may not have the look that your daughter's coach is going for.

Is your daughter excited? Double mini is so fun.

Well, she CAN just wear white socks (though tread on the bottom, like slipper socks, makes running less precarious). And they will need to be white.

I don't recall where we order our shoes from, though I'm pretty sure that UT has the biggest T&T program in the region (hi! we had to go there a couple years back for regionals! It was cold!) so I am sure her coach could ask another coach & they'd know where to get some quickly. I'd strongly advise asking her coach before going on a grand quest, there are things that 'work' but that may not have the look that your daughter's coach is going for.

Is your daughter excited? Double mini is so fun.

Thank for the info. She is practicing with acrobatic shoes right now, so that will most likely work for next months competition.. She is the only one competing this year DM this year, so its really up to us to get what we want. :)

She is really excited.. She competed the first time in Tumbling last year and placed 3rd in level 5 at State, so this year she is ready to try something new.

As long as those are white & she isn't slipping all over the runway (or landway), she should be golden. Some coaches have preferences because of lines but if it's up to you, what's on hand is good...I tell my first timers that white slipper socks are perfect bc they're cheap & if they hate it oh well.

What level is she doing? Is she still competing tumbling as well?

I replied several days ago but to the wrong thread :rolleyes: here is what i wrote in case you still need the info.

There are so many options including just wear white socks. I suggest gymnastic shoes with a rubber sole. I have seen them anywhere from $9 to $70. Personally I like the ones that enclose the foot for DM and the ballet looking ones for tramp. Our gym orders from here Welcome to Carita House Online but they are not in the US so I am not sure of shipping time. I know Trampoline Shoes has some low to med price range shoes. It takes some looking but you can google trampoline shoes and come up with some results.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back