Gymnast
My 2012 Olympic dream team is...

Shawn Johnson
Jordyn Wieber
Chellsie Memmel
Rebecca Bross
Aly Raisman
Alicia Sacramone

Sadly, nastia Liukin isn't coming back to gymnastics. Also, only five girls will be on the team, though I can't pick which girl won't make it yet.

I think if Bross is healthy, she takes Vegas' spot from the 2011 Worlds team, and the rest will likely keep their spot, if healthy. Sacramone is going to have to make the case that she is better than either Maroney or Raisman in order to make the team, which I don't think is likely. If Bross isn't healthy, her spot will have to go to the next strongest on UB, maybe Caquatto?

V - Maroney,Wieber,Raisman
UB - Wieber,Bross,Douglas
BB - Wieber,Bross,Raisman
FX - Maroney,Wieber,Raisman

Not sure where you heard Nastia wasn't coming back because from the pictures it sure looks like she's at the training camp right now.

My 2012 Olympic dream team is...

Shawn Johnson
Jordyn Wieber
Chellsie Memmel
Rebecca Bross
Aly Raisman
Alicia Sacramone

Sadly, nastia Liukin isn't coming back to gymnastics. Also, only five girls will be on the team, though I can't pick which girl won't make it yet.

Nice sentimenal pics but I have a different dream team. Chellsie is great but I think her body is about done. Whenever she seems close to peaking she breaks. Bross, i'm not sure if she will make it all the way back. Sacramone also has a long way to come back from injury and I am not as excited about her as I was. Nastia, I just don't want her to make the team. Something about her rubs me the wrong way.

I am hoping for

Jordyn Weiber
Shawn Johnson
Sabrina Vega
McKayla Malroney
Kyla Ross

Alt.
Bridget Sloan
Alex Raisman
someone off the radar

Agreed about Nastia, she had her time to shine and took home the most coveted WAG olympic medal.
Not sure who my team would be but it would include Jordyn, Shawn and McKayla.
I'd love to see Alexandria, Alicia or Bross also make it.

in my ideal team for the US would be:

Shawn Johnson
Jordyn Wieber
McKayla Maroney
Mackenzie Caquatto
Alicia Sacramone or Aly Raisman

I don't really want Shawn to make the team. She hasn't impressed me since she got back. I'd probably want Weiber, Maroney, Caquatto, Sacramone, and Raisman.
V- Maroney, Sacramone, Wieber
F- Maroney, Wieber, Raisman'
BB- Wieber, Raisman, Sacramone
UB- Caquatto, Weiber, and...(and here is the flaw in my dream team)

I don't really want Shawn to make the team. She hasn't impressed me since she got back. I'd probably want Weiber, Maroney, Caquatto, Sacramone, and Raisman.

Yep - now that only 5 will make the team can't see there is any way BOTH Sacramone and Raisman can make it

Yeah how about a holy cow for Gabby's routines at the American Cup. That vault is fantastic and bars... jaw dropping. She's sure is exciting to watch!

I think Gabby Douglass just blew past several with that American Cup performance - I'm a newly converted fan - love the amplitude on bars and the amanar is new but coming along nicely. I think Aly Raisman and Maroney are vying for a spot - the strong vault/floor worker. I think as always it comes down to bars and maybe an extra floor.

I think...

Wieber
Douglass
Raisman
Maroney
Vega or Sloan (bars/floor strengths)

If Nastia is truly back I think she could take either of the last 2 spots.

It is sure going to be fun to watch. I think Bross and Sacramone and Nastia wont be back. But who knows...

No matter who makes it, USA is going to be strong - just so much depth and too many strong vaults.

I think after the American Cup, its wide open. Lots of girls with chances to make it. One thing is for sure, the US does need a couple of good bar workers. Haven't seen Sloan at all in awhile, Bross is a question mark right now and Shawn seems to be having problems getting skills that might stress her knee. Its going to be very interesting come June/July.
I have to say Gabby Douglas is certainly impressive.

Those that don't have Gabby Douglas on their "dream team" should really re-consider, she was AMAZING at the A T & T American Cup this past weekend, and looked better than Jordyn or Reisman. If she wasn't an alternate and doing exhibition only she would have been #1, go check out her UB and Vault!

I must be seeing differant than you.Because from the videos I have seen, Shawn shines above Weiber

So we can label this group for 2012 as the Fab Five:)

Anyways I dont know alot, but If I was going into this I would take the best in each cat, with the 5th being someone who I can trust to do a flawless routine, even if it isnt the highest difficulty, but can do it clean.. if I was to choose after looking at old videos and comps, I would honestly have to go with:

Shawn Johnson
Nastia
Maroney
Weiber
Sacramone

Alternates:
Caquatto
vega
gabby

I must be seeing differant than you.Because from the videos I have seen, Shawn shines above Weiber

Ummmmm...
You prefer a girl who is not in the top three on any event over a girl who is clearly top three on three events. Even Shawn herself has basically admitted she is a long shot for this team.

my dream team would be.... Jordyn Wieber, Aly Raisman, Gabby Douglas, Mckayla Maroney, and Nastia Liukin

VT- mckayla, jordyn, gabby
UB- gabby, nastia, jordyn
BB- jordyn, aly, nastia
FX- jordyn, aly, mckayla

alternates- kyla ross, alicia sacramone

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back