Drills and vidieo needed for tap swings from very early on in learning process.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

They are new and not geetting the shapes needed to create big swings tips videos progressions. What am I missing these are new training fives. really struggling with the timing of the arch tap.

They are new and not geetting the shapes needed to create big swings tips videos progressions. What am I missing these are new training fives. really struggling with the timing of the arch tap.

One of the best drill is show in this video

[video=youtube;tlMFNlSn8Mg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlMFNlSn8Mg[/video]

Its a lot of labor but it does really pay off to teach the tap, and to teach them to really sink and relax through the bottom. The term 'natural tap' has been often used to describe how the tapping action should happen, and this drill achieves this. (just so you know, the boy in the video could already do decent tap swings shapes, before he did this drill for the first time, so don't expect that it will look like that instantly)
Also get them to wear shoes and work tap swings in strap bar. The shoes help the gymnast get a good feeling for where their feet are, their position, and also helps them stretch through the bottom.

Strap bar strap bar if you want to teach big swings. Lots of it, with shaping on each swings. Focus for a bit on the back (first i suggest) then focus on the front.

Put two panel mats and have the gymnast lay face down between them, so that only the gymnast knees and elbows are resting on the panel mat. Now from an arch the gymnast pushes down! and hollows (this is great! drill to teach how to shape change at the back swing, and press down on the bar).

This and just LOTS of reps

Hope that helps

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back