Parents Dutch levels and divisions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just thought it would be nice to try to explain how the system works in Holland. Of course I don't really know how the ELite works and all that, but I can try to tell you what I know.

We have 7 divisions and 17 levels. The lowest is 6/7th division and level 17.

With the 6th and 7th divisions you have just 2 competitions a year, which are called placing competitions. But there is no continuance to a semi final and/or final. It will just be a certain amoung of clubs in an area in a district. Then in the 5th division, which is where my dd competes in, you have 2 placings competitions per area. I think there would be like 4 or 5 areas in a district, and from the average of those 2 you can end up in a semi-final. So the best 4, 5, 6 or 7, maybe more, depending on how many competed in the placings competitions. And there will be like 2 or 3 semi-finals over 1 district. And the best of those will go the final of the district. But no continuance to National Championships.

That starts in the 4th divsion. They have also got 2 placings competions, then the best go to a regional final, then district final and then you could end up at the national final.

Then 1st to 3rd divisions have 3 placings comp., then the best of those go to a placings final to end up in the national final.

In all these divisions you have several levels. I am not sure if you have the lowest levels, 13 till 17 in the higher divsions. But depending on what age you do what level you go higher up in the divisions, I think if you can skip a level in your division, you have to go a higher division.

Kids don't officially start those kind of competitions, till the birthyear of turning 9. They call them instep. Then you go up to Pupil 1, Pupil 2, Youth 2 years, Junior 2 years and then senior as long as you like to continue.

Well not sure if anyone was interested in knowing all this, but there you go. This is the best way of me explaining it. Hope it was enjoyable to read and understandable.

If you want to know more, just ask.

I am not sure how the keeping track of it all works. But the girls have a gymnastics passport. There it says your name, age and what you have done what year. Or something to that extent. I actually have never seen it, the trainer keeps it with her, so it can't be forgotten.

Of course you also have to remember, Holland is just a small country, just a little peck, compared to the USA.:D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back