Parents Early morning meets

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

These are good life skills though! There are going to be things she wants to do in the future that start early in the morning and its great for her to see she can do it.

Mohammed Ali's coach once made him stay awake all night before a match, so he could prove to him that he could still perform even if he was tired.

AMEN to the bolded above! I have yet to stay in a gymnastics trip hotel room that wasn't apparently built next to some boiler or ice machine or noisy pipe. And I *always* forget my earplugs, of course.
I’m a super light sleeper, so I’m already preparing for a night of angry sleeplessness. Can’t do earplugs because I’m terrified of not hearing the alarm, both my daughter and my husband will sleep through anything - they’re not waking up for some pesky alarm

Probably going to get myself flagged as a bad mom but...I let my daughter have a little Mio with caffeine in water on the way to the last early morning meet. I did hair the night before and had breakfast to eat in the car.

We used to drive up the day before and stay at a hotel for the early meets. Her first year competing we did not, but my daughter hated getting up at 5:00 am or earlier to go to a meet. So then we started spending the night. Made for a more expensive meet and you still had to get up early to do hair etc. but it was less stressful to not have to drive that early.

I do not know how old your child is. But can I just say that when we are faced with this situation, we cave and the caffeine is given. I do green tea, because it is time released, and my daughter is very grateful. Because no matter what you get done the night before? They still have to get up and function....and the older your kid gets? The harder it is......

My daughter and I are morning people, but because she gets carsick (and I don't want to give meds prior to a meet) we always get a hotel if its an 8am start time more than an hour away. Luckily we both sleep like rocks so falling asleep in a hotel isn't an issue. Our State time is 8am this year...but luckily we are hosting it in town so I only have a 15 minute drive, thank goodness.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back